Find
Notify
Tools

Good price on waterproof breeks?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi all,

Any recomendations on where I can get a good price on waterproof breaks? I'm open on the brand of waterproof lining.

Thanks!

Before all else, be armed.

Machiavelli

Posts: 364 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John Norris Penrith.

Fat people are harder to kidnap.

Posts: 47 | Location: UK | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted Hide Post
If I had to buy waterproof breeks, I think I would look at the NOMAD range of stuff, rather than tweed with a drop liner.

My personal preferance is just cotton lined breeks with a good over hang at the knee, classed as shit catchers in 'keepering circles. With the overhang water will run down to the knee and fall away over wellingtons or gaiters.

Its what I generaly do anyway Roll Eyes

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,

Where can I find the Nomad stuff on-line?

Before all else, be armed.

Machiavelli

Posts: 364 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have been away, so sorry for the late delay.

A link to Nomad UK, looked at the price and it does seem expensive, but I know its VERY GOOD STUFF!!

http://nomaduk.net/

Go to the stealth fleece area and go down to the bottom of the page.

Cheers

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nightwalker uk:
Have been away, so sorry for the late delay.

A link to Nomad UK, looked at the price and it does seem expensive, but I know its VERY GOOD STUFF!!

http://nomaduk.net/

Go to the stealth fleece area and go down to the bottom of the page.

Cheers

I must have been very unlucky with mine as the waterproof tape fell off the seams after a couple of washes..I contacted the owner of Nomad and he suggested I glue it back on..However when that failed miserably, I didn't get any further responses from my emails ect..Same thing happened to another person I know, but he eventually hounded the owner into replacing his faulty coat...It took about 9 months though..

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is very bad service Pete.

My friend who has a Nomad jacket has had nothing but success from his, I couldn't afford any of their stuff, but have on occasions fancied something from them.

With your experience in mind maybe just go for an unlined tweed breeks with plenty of overhang at the knee.

posted Hide Post
Nightwalker UK,

In fairness, we bought those items in the early days of Nomad when things were very "chaotic" with company to say the least.

We bought the items direct from the owner out of the back of his 4x4 for "cash", but if you buy through an established retailer you will get an extra layer of consumer protection if there was a problem..

Now they have expanded and become established, their customer service may well be better, but personally I won't be spending any money with them to find out..

The material itself is amazing stuff, very light and was initially very waterproof except under prolonged contact pressure...By that I mean if you got soaked walking out to a highseat, after 20 minutes or so sitting down and compressing the material in the seat of the trousers, you would end up with a wet arse..

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote