Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DJM
posted
Deleted by User

Deer Management Training, Mentoring & DSC 2 Witnessing

Please PM or deermanagementservices@gmail.com for details

Dama International: The Fallow Deer Project

Posts: 585 | Location: Lincolnshire, England | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've seen people charged between £5 and £15 depending on the venue and who is actually doing the measuring..

I never really paid much attention in the past, but looking back, I'm not sure if all these events were all sanctioned by the CIC ie whether the heads recorded ended up in the CIC trophy books...

I've definitely seen FC staff charging to measure heads and I know they were nothing to do with CIC...

Conversely, several years ago, at our Club BBQ, I had a Roe head measured by (IIRC) Richard Prior & Kenneth Whitehead, both of whom I am pretty sure were both CIC accredited, but I have no idea if they was acting in an "official capacity" at the event or not..

Again, IIRC, a small charge was levied, but it went into Club funds,(the main purpose of the exercise) with the gentlemen concerned kindly giving their time and expertise in support of the Club...

Regards,

Peter

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Safari Club and the Boone and Crocket also charge for this, but I think it is more than $30.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote