New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trade hunts in Europe
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am always interested in hunting in new places for game I have not taken, and have the possibility to offer hunts for people who are willing to make a trade.

The animals I am interested in hunting are;

red deer
moose
bear
wolf
chamois
reindeer
ibex
muntjac
cinese water deer
lynx
bison
siberian roe deer

If anyone is interested and has the possibility to offer any of these hunts, this is what I can offer;

Fallow deer
roe deer
wild boar
mouflon ram
assortment of feathered game

As to accomodation on the property, meals, transport, trophy preparation, vehicles and firearms - it would depend on what is offered on the other end, but I can provide all of the above if requested and exchanged.

As for trophy quality, the fallow deer are very good, some animals attaining medal status but they are hard to come by. There are a lot of fallow deer but finding a truly big stag is not an easy task though they are present.

Roe deer are very common and not difficult to come by, but the trophies are not exceptional, although there are many non typical heads.

The mouflon are good, though behind wire, in a 275HA game paddock.

The boar are abundant, old boars reach 100kg and tusks average 17cm on a boar of that size.

There are also pheasant, snipe, doves etc. and acquatic birds for those who wish to pursue this type of game.

Drive hunts can be organized and bird dogs provided.

The property is 1100HA in Tuscany, the nearest city is Siena. On it there are many ruins of borgs, some dating back to the year 1100. There are quite a few cultural attractions nearby, like the site of the sward in the stone, Sir Galahads chapel, the Mulino Biano(an antique mill) and of course the Chianti region famous for its' wines.

If anyone is interested we can work out an accord as to what to offer in exchange which animals.

Regards.

[ 11-11-2002, 03:00: Message edited by: EXPRESS ]

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
I sure would be interesting in a trade, the only problem is that I only can offer Moosehunting. Maybe you think thats ok. But as an honest man I need to give some background.

Trophy quality are worse than bad and the success rate for a single hunter are more than poor, for the team we almost get whats on license though. This year our hunt lasted for two hours and then our quota was full.

The only good hunts in my area are Roe Buck and Badger. We also have fox and hare.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote