New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a 9.3x62 Husqvarna Barrel
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can anyone send me an original 9.3x62 Husqvarna barrel for a Model 640? The finish can be a little rough if the rifling is good.

About what would this cost?

Thanks, Okie John.

<JOHAN>
posted
okie john

Were do you live [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Exporting to some countries are like getting a camel through the eye of a needle [Eek!]

A good 640 rifle will cost around 90-130 U.S$ were I get my guns. I guess the easiest way is to butch a rifle. I have never seen a 640 barrel for sale in 9,3X62. I have a 640 in 9,3X62 that will be rebarreled in the future..... I'm not sure of it's condition [Eek!]

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm in the US. When people build custom rifles here, sometimes they sell the old barrel. It is often possible to rebarrel using an older but still servicable barrel without having to buy a complete rifle.

I have two 640's in 30-06 and just got a CZ 550 American in 9.3x62. I like the cartridge so much that I want to convert a 640 to it, and I think the best way is to use an original barrel. On the other hand, it might be easier just to get a whole rifle. I will look into it farther.

Thanks, Okie John.

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Okie if thhe Husky 640 uses the Mauser 98 ( 1.100x12tpi) thread you can get a Lothar Walter barrel already threaded & chambered in 9.3x62 for about $150.00 + shipping. It will need to be headspaced to your receiver. As even a take off barrel would need headspacing too.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I had a stock Husqvarna barrel, I could drop the (re)barreled action into the original stock without needing to alter the barrel channel, but if I can't get one, a Walther barrel may be the ticket. Could you email me at okiejohn45@hotmail.com with more information on shipping, etc.? Thanks, Okie John.

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Try this http://www.lothar-walther.com/ shipping is about $15.00

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote