Find
Notify
Tools

Moose Hunting
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted
We had our first day of Moose hunting today and had a good result. We shot 1 female and one calf and that was our license.

We were hunting in Sweden about 40 miles from Gothenburg. Our hunting team was 20 people and we saw a total of 6 Mooses. I didn't see anything.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Christer!

So you have been hunting moose in sweden. Was it cold [Smile] What caliber were used on the female??

Posts: 751 | Location: sweden | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Hi Overkill

It was a short and windy hunt. The same hunter shot both animals with a Sako 375 H&H, I dont remember what bullets he used.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,

Our moose hunt ended last saturday and now it's time to go after hares and other small ones.

We had licence for 10 moose, of which 6 adults and 4 calfs. I shot three (a 6-point bull, a cow and a calf) with my .45-70 using Speer FN 400gr for the calf and the bull and a cast bullet for the cow. Ranges were 7-30 metres. Rest of the moose were shot by .308s with Lapua Megas and Sako Hammerheads mainly. Ranges 20-100 metres. Two got shots from a 9,3x53R, but were finished with .308s.

The hunt was OK and on the last weekend our team saw 12 other moose in addition to the one that was shot, and my friend's team some 10 km away saw a total of 25 moose in one day, of which they shot three! So we'll probably be having some moose hunt next year also.

Posts: 89 | Location: Finland | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Nice to hear that you got some moose in Finland, here in sothern Sweden its not so many left. 15 years ago my team had about 13-15 in licence and finished it in two days, now we have 1 adult and 1 calf on license. I wish I had been hunting the good old days, I started 1990 when it started to get down.