THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    Combination Gun for sale - UK /EU only

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Combination Gun for sale - UK /EU only
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
***SOLD*** to Jon2 - Pending the usual! Smiler

A gorgeous example of the BRNO 502 Bockbuchsflinte

£550 complete with 40 rounds RWS 90gn ammunition - or £420 if you do not require the scope. Scope would then be available for sale at £140.
Usual FAC transfer rules apply.

A .243/12 bore Combination gun in very nice used condition. Very accurate, with option of 'setting' the front trigger to allow precision shooting.
Included, and complementing the iron sights are:

High quality Ernst Apel quick release 1" mounts with return to zero - new cost £130.

Pecar-Berlin Safari Scope, 1.25-4 x 20 c/w two reticles that can be interchanged with no loss of zero. Option of German #1 or Heavy Duplex. Excellent quality, classic glass with clarity the equal of any of the major European brands. Bombproof, Reticle moving construction (steel) and known to handle recoil to at least .375HH! Butler Creek flip up covers included.

This model is recognised as one of the nicest combination guns in this price bracket. I'm only selling as I have taken delivery of a Drilling, and the combi is now surplus to my needs. Slight marking on r.side of pistol grip as shown - but will polish that out before sale!

Getting a combination gun on your certificate is not a problem and I will be very happy to discuss the 'good reasons' acceptable to your FEO!

Grab a classic at a great price!

Rgds Ian Smiler

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ian thats a lovely looking rifle. I am currently looking for something similar but have a requirement for a larger calibre.

Grant

Posts: 74 | Location: England | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
It has an Rubenesque charm about it does it not!

Ps. Ian, did you get my pm?

Regards,

Amir

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larger than 12 bore slug!!??!! Smiler

For shorter range usage, it has proved to be an excellent tool. Certainly more than capable on any UK game.

Well, it is still for sale and I am at a point of becoming a bit more flexible on the price - should that make it an offer you can't refuse!

Rgds Ian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see your point a 12 bore slug should certainly do it. Am looking at a combination 16 bore and 7x65 which i would like to use in europe on boar. Cant argue that for everyday work that combination of yours would be ideal. Dont suppose you would like a steyr scout in .308 as a part ex.

Grant

Posts: 74 | Location: England | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Howa243

Thanks for the offer on the PX - but I have a .308 already.

You mention a lovely combination of calibres - I say that, because those are the chambers on the Drilling that replaces this BRNO in my cabinet! Smiler

Having said that - for 99% usage in the UK, it is ideal. For the trips to Europe, load up with Brenneke slugs and Barnes 85gn TSX. Expanding to 12mm and retaining 100% weight, you will find the terminal effect most satisfactory at the normal driven ranges of >100m! It certainly makes this combo 'punch above its weight'!

Rgds Ian

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jon

You have PM awaiting your attention! Smiler

Rgds Ian

One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted Hide Post
Good luck with that one Jon, so glad you bought it because I was just thinking about putting an offer in for it to Ian!!

You just saved me some money!! Big Grin

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Hi R

Oh that's good then. I couldn't resist (couldn't justify it either but when has that ever stopped anyone). I had looked for this particular model about 8 years ago and remember contacting Derek Edgar at the time - anyway happy days. Should be interesting at close range with Brennekes too BOOM

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don´t let the scope bite you when using slugs, they tend to yeild some recoil.

Best regards Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Jon2:
Hi R

Oh that's good then. I couldn't resist (couldn't justify it either but when has that ever stopped anyone). I had looked for this particular model about 8 years ago and remember contacting Derek Edgar at the time - anyway happy days. Should be interesting at close range with Brennekes too BOOM

one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Husqvarna M98:
Don´t let the scope bite you when using slugs, they tend to yield some recoil.

Best regards Chris

Chris

Sadly, you have plummeted in Jo's estimation! animal Your comment regarding the minor recoil from a 12 bore slug has forced her to reassess your claims of a Viking heritage!

Bear in mind that Jo only weighs 53kg dripping wet - yet considers the minor 'push' of a slug load to be perfectly acceptable.

I think she is now concerned that your time behind a Lawyer's desk - has turned you into a Pansy!!! dancing lol

Rgds Ian Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ian, that is so true, I must get out and hunt, more to stay the unrelenting break down of my viking heritage that working behind a desk is exerting.

Yeah I know Jo is about half my weight but it´s not the size of the fighter, it´s the size of the fighter within in that counts.

Fortunatly I am heading to the range today to remedy some of the weaklingness.

Take care now, perhaps I´ll shoot some slugs today just for laughs.

Best regards Chris

quote:
Originally posted by IanF:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Husqvarna M98:
Don´t let the scope bite you when using slugs, they tend to yield some recoil.

Best regards Chris

Chris

Sadly, you have plummeted in Jo's estimation! animal Your comment regarding the minor recoil from a 12 bore slug has forced her to reassess your claims of a Viking heritage!

Bear in mind that Jo only weighs 53kg dripping wet - yet considers the minor 'push' of a slug load to be perfectly acceptable.

I think she is now concerned that your time behind a Lawyer's desk - has turned you into a Pansy!!! dancing lol

Rgds Ian Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Hi Chris

Hope you are well.

Yes I have fallen victim to a touch of "magnum eyebrow" in years past and brenekes will be treated with respect if you know what I mean. Smiler

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ian/Jo and Jon2 I am all better now, since season is closed for almost all game and I have done all hunting related work on "my" grounds I went to the range with a hunting buddy and we did som training.

I think a bit of my manlyness has been retaken now.

Pics are the days results from 100 and 200 sitting and kneeling, 308 Win from 100 and 200, 22Lr from an Anschûtz at 100.

I think I did well except for that one round of 22 Lr that´s a bit low, I blame the ammo Eley silhoutte is a bit slow and some rounds are slower then others. Wink

BTW season is open for papper animals here, so no hunting laws were broken.

"Edit some of the others holes are mine but I have had a few friends over to train for there hunters exams and at times there aim and hits are just a bit optimistic."

Best regards Chris