THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    Something I noticed at the SCI convention on VAT tax...

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something I noticed at the SCI convention on VAT tax...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted
I noticed this year more and more Spanish hunts listed with the VAT tax already included in the price. The big bookings agents are list them as “All In” prices now AND the prices are coming down a little!!!!

It may be that they are realizing American clients are onto their game...

I saw Spain Ibex Grand Slam pricing at 30k all in....

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While I have not hunted there, I am going to look at some possibilities of a Spain hunt.

I would think that you are due to recover your VAT on at least a portion of these billings - or not?

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

I recently queried this on an add under the 'offered hunts eyc' section.

Someone came back and said that the regulation is that they must now charge it on everything up front.

Not sure how that works if you are exporting the trophy and what about in country taxidermy with VAT at 20 % too.

Seems like a catch to me.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty sure it is not recoverable..

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If someone includes tax (VAT) it normally means they are not registered for paying VAT. For example in UK if your turnover is 84k or less you dont charge VAT.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote