Notify
Tools

Hunting in Hungary
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted
I'm applaying to vet school in hungary.

Do anyone know about hunting in hungary??

I know they have some huge red deer and boar.

Johan

Posts: 1082 | Location: Middle-Norway (Veterinary student in Budapest) | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of outfitters that are always at the SCI convention who arrange bird and big game hunts there. I went to look and see if I had any brochures but somehow I never picked any up. You might write to SCI in Tucson for references.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Johan

I have a little booklet on hunting in Hungary - is about 15 years old - but if you like I will "re-visit" it and see what it says.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NitroX:
Johan

I have a little booklet on hunting in Hungary - is about 15 years old - but if you like I will "re-visit" it and see what it says.

Forget it. Nearly everything is changed. At least for guys in Hungary.

Former the hunting assosiations were a part of the farming cooperative. Now they are separate clubs and have to pay for damages made from deer and boar.
Each member has to pay. And now those clubs decide what shot they sell to agents and is mainly decided by the finace situation of the club. I do not know all details, but a lot of guys which hunted 15 years ago, do not have anymore possibility to hunt.

Best regards

Posts: 147 | Location: Germany | Registered: 16 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hunting in Hungary

this summer i am going for a holiday to Hungary near Balaton lake.

I contacted SEVAKO , an hungarian hunting association, and they made me a good aoffer for roebuck hunting whilst my family can stay near the lake swimming or cycling...etc.

I suppose MR. 308 that you contact them with my compliments, and they will give you some good possibilities for hunting.

Greetings from a sunny Belgium (it's not raining today)

[ 05-28-2003, 18:43: Message edited by: dirk_scout ]

Posts: 149 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted Hide Post
Hey dirk

Welcome to the forum. I'll know over the weekend if I'm accepted to the school. If I am I'll mail you. The school is in Budapest. Boar is the on the top of the list. I'm used to having roe more or less on my doorstep so it's not a exiting as boar.

I have read a book called Jegerblood. Directly translated the means Hunters blood. It was writen by a hunter in Hungary. It cover both before communism and during it. Also I have read some stuff from the Jan Guilloi from sweden. I checked out dina.dk to. Have anyone used Dina?

I'm happy for all other info.

Johan

Posts: 1082 | Location: Middle-Norway (Veterinary student in Budapest) | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
to mr 308

(mailto:dirk_scout@yahoo.com)
It was nice hearing from you!
Do you hunt in Norway?
Is 308 your favorite caliber?
See also my other posting about gun ownership in Belgium

[ 05-29-2003, 00:54: Message edited by: dirk_scout ]

one of us
posted Hide Post

[ 05-29-2003, 00:58: Message edited by: EXPRESS ]

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted Hide Post
Hi again Dirk.

Yes I hunt in Norway. I hunt red deer, moose, roe and small game like wood grouse, black grouse, and grouse.
It all on private land. I have an english setter.(See under dogs) Last winter I was in Finnmark so I hunted a bit of grouse on my off time.

My favorite caliber for the hunting I do is the 308 win. I belive it a smart little cartrige with no more recoil than needed, but still has the power to safely kill a big bull moose. It also is a good roe and deer caliber.

I have already read your other post [Smile]

Johan

<JOHAN>
posted
JOHAN

If you want to hunt in Hungary I suggest you take contact with a hunting party there and asks to join, it will get you more hunting per forint than going thru some sort of agent.. [Big Grin]
I guess the easiest way is to search in the area you will stay. In Hungary hunting parties can go bankrupt if they don't do the right game management the farmer can ask for compensation for damages on crop etc. [Eek!] [Eek!]

I have an hungarian friend who often hunts there, he's memeber of a party and hunts a few times a year. I guess you will get some sort of student visa if you start school there which will make it a bit easier to bring guns etc.

Were will you go to School, Budapest? I really like Hungary [Smile]

/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
I really like Hungary. Budapest has the best girl-watching in Europe. Paris of the East? Hah! Paris should be so lucky.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got in contact with the sevako people at the hunting fair in Gent (Belgium) . I have seen several hungarian hunting associations, especially in Germany at the Dortmund Fair, but the people of Sevako seemed very honest to me. They already made me an offer for coming to Hungary last year but than and last januari i went to Scotland.
Anyway Sevako own's a lot of hunting territories in Hungary. They also have contacts with other State owned hunting companies. They have send me a contract and an invitation letter to import my gun.
I can Put 2 rifles on the import permit.
I got prices for Roebuck but if you shoot one over 400 grams skull weight, it's gone be an expensive one. I also have a brochure with boar prices that seems reasonable. One thing is for sure, the Hungarians need money and they like foreigners to come and pay for their hunting (like the rest of the world)!

OLd Sarge: Yes the girlss of Hungary are terrible, we have seen some in Belgium. One that i used to know was called "the James Bond Girl" by my friends!!!!!

Dirk (from a...F.. sunny Belgium again)- how is it possible?

[ 05-30-2003, 12:24: Message edited by: dirk_scout ]

one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted Hide Post
I'm going to Hungary!!!!!!!
I just passed the exam.

[Smile] [Smile]

Johan

<JOHAN>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by 308winchester:
I'm going to Hungary!!!!!!!
I just passed the exam.

[Smile] [Smile]

Johan

Congratualtions [Smile]

I envy you all there great looking girls and nice hunting, but on the other hand you will have to do some studying too. [Big Grin]

Were in Hungary is the university that you will attend ?

Ooops, I forgot, Mazeltow [Eek!]

/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted Hide Post
Thank you Johan

There is only one vet univerity in hungary and that is in Budapest. It is on the Pest side of the Donau.

Actually I'll be in class with about 40 other norwegians. 1 is a boy, the rest is girls from 19 to 25 [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Think about the class trips! I'm just trying to work out how I'll have time to study.

Johan

<JOHAN>
posted
308winchester

It happend from time to time that I'm in Budapest, I will notify you in advance if I'm heading in that direction. Great town and nice girls [Big Grin]
You lucky sohn of a gun, 40 girls [Razz] Pick the best one for entertainment and use the rest as maintainence staff [Big Grin] [Razz] [Cool]

I will try to contact a few hungarians I know and ask about hunting.

/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Well I have heard that American universities are becoming alarmed because the entering freshman classes are as much as 60% female but twenty to one is an amazing ratio. Of course, all girls want to be veternarians at some stage of their lives (like around 11-13!) but to have that many continue is a surprise. Most give it up when they find out how many times a week they have to put someone's beloved, sick pet down. Maybe Norwegians are made of sterner stuff. Watch yourself [Wink] .

one of us
posted Hide Post
308 winchester

Don't forget the family pack of durex; you 'll need them [Wink]

Dirk scout [Big Grin]