New
Find
Notify
Tools

Must be slow News Days
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It seems like there is a conspired effort on the part of Scottish MSPs and some quarters of the media to try and outdo each other in terms of sensational stories. If these were on any other topic they would be seen as defamatory. In the last two or three days:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-...nd-politics-45967845

and https://www.itv.com/thismornin...deer-for-9000-pounds

and even trying to stop a new gun shop getting up and running.

What I would say to all those visiting as hunters is that you are welcome and please don't listen to this tripe that is being produced by our media and elected representatives.

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our Swedish taxfunded tv and radio has positive stories and tv series about hunting and fishing.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Here in Montana hunting seems to be on news in positive ways

Not so on National news

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The BBC is always biased,wether it is shooting or Brexit.
If it doesn't fit into their ideology then it is always portrayed in a manor that will get the snowflakes jumping up and down..

Ironically it was the Scottish Government that issued the license for the goats to be culled, and hypocritically it is the Government that will take its share of the taxes that the £155 million pound shooting industry creates in Scotland.
I did read last night on the Scottish Government's own website that it classifies hate crime as any abuse or harassment or threats online or otherwise,lets us see if they pursue those threats that have been perpetrated against this woman.I am absolutely sure that if those threats had been directed towards Muslims/Jews or any other race I am sure that the your door would now be off its hinges and requiring major repairs.

What a great advert for Scotland, come to Scotland to enjoy ALL its diverse activities and get some death threats thrown in for free..

Griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And the MSP mike Russel who originally tweeted this was minister of the environment and would have been issuing full notices and licences.

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
The death threats are still coming through...

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fallow Buck:
The death threats are still coming through...

I have had several directed at me as well. some of the language if directed towards an ethnic minority etc would be classed as criminal. Facebook will remove these if you report them, even if not directed at you.