New
Find
Notify
Tools

Liberty & Livelihood March
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are any of you fellows going to the Liberty & Livelihood March in London on the 22nd of September? I understand that the first EuroStar out of Paris on that day will have a large number of International Hunters aboard.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
<zasgar>
posted
The march passes in front of my door, so I have no excuse not to take part.
I really want to see how many people(and dogs) will attend.

MK

one of us
posted Hide Post
All 5 of us are going - note dogs are not welcome, it would be impossible not to tread on them all the time. I attended the last march and it was incredible. Very good natured and very powerful.

Then you get home and listen to Teflon Tony discount it as having nothing to do with hunting merely about country side issues such as rural transport and housing....

We need 250,000 plus so the police count arrives at over 100,000.

The last (canceled due to Foot and Mouth) march saw some pretty underhand tricks used by the anti's. Coaches had to be booked with a codeword to prevent anti's ringing up purporting to be hunters and cancelling them.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
<zasgar>
posted
For the last march( the one that did not happen) I had arranged parking and welcome drinks for a few people, but this time none of the people I know personally has called me to arrange anything.

I guess this time I will bully some members of my club to attend the march and have a couple of drinks afterwards at my place or at the range.

MK

P.S. What is happening to the uk.rec.shooting.game telephone list ???

posted Hide Post
My stalking partner and I will be there; I only hope the numbers are at least comparable to last time.
In one sense it does not matter what the police tell the public as you can bet that Telfon Tony wil have a good idea of the real figure. It kinda pisses them off the anti's can never muster more than a couple of thousand on their marches !

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
I'll be there with the local foxhounds, who are based in my village. I did the last march in 99? and also the rally in Hyde Park in 98. In fact the whole office got the day off to attend as it was on a weekday for some strange reason!

Hope to see some Euro bretherin on 22 Sep.

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
We`ve got a coach travelling down from the Midlands.Hopefully this march will go down in history as the biggest peacetime protest that the U.K. has seen.
One thing for sure is that our point will be put across sensibly and peacefully which is more can be said for certain anti groups that Mr B-liars chums seems to hold in such high regard

[ 08-23-2002, 18:09: Message edited by: TIMINUK ]

Posts: 31 | Location: UK | Registered: 04 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Guys,

As I'm on the opposite side of the planet (besides not a British citizen), I can only be there in spirit. Good Luck and I hope you all have a tremendous turn out.

-Steve

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote