Tools

All aboard for Arran
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of puntgunner
posted
Hate to be boring but who has booked up for
Arran this year.

I'm on the 3rd week, ( 28th Sept to 3rd Oct)with Pete E and 9.3 Nige.

Anyone looking for a partner for that week?

Posts: 181 | Location: Home counties, England | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
PG,

Whatever you do don't pair up with Pete!!! You'll go from Hero to Zero faster than Griff can say "There were loads of stags here yesterday...."

I really must get involved in some of this.

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
PG, I quite fancy this myself, but if I suggest another trip away this year, the wife will geld me.

FB, any sign of the baby yet?

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Nothing yet Bri,

I'm hoping I get another weekend off but I have a feeling that may not happen!! I managed an evenign at the trout on Saturday but that may be the last for a while...

Shame cos there's a half price SLT 10' #7 in the shop at the moment butnot sure when I'd get a chance to use it!! Wink

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
FB, just got back from 4 days on the Corrib. Complete waste of time. Mayfly has not really got started yet. I had one decent trout, one small trout and a small salmon. All taken on an octopus. I have never seen the Corrib so dead at this time of the year. The weather did not help as the sun was splitting the rocks on Friday and Saturday afternoon.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
PG; Tintin and myself are also booked for week 3 just to keep you Brits honest and see if we can chalk up another double. Anyone else playing week 3? thumb

Posts: 90 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got the info from BASC, but have already booked week 2 with Mark of the infamous long range neck shot!
Anyone know if the Auchrannie is still doing a deal on the week package? I was there the year before last. Can"t remember what it cost, but was reasonable and comfortable.
Better start running up and down the stairs with the fridge on my back, punctuated with 2 hr stands in a cold shower! I"ve got the drinking and talking crap part well practised(Baldock was"nt that long ago!)
Looking forward to Arran, will be thinking about bullets soon.
good shooting

Posts: 669 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brass,
look forward to seeing you both, but thought you were going away to Canada!

regards
griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Griff,
If all goes well, I"ll be over there for a month or two and back for a while in sept/oct.
I"m trying to manipulate the situation to get shooting here and over there this autumn!
looking forward to the craic!
good shooting.

Posts: 669 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote