New
Find
Notify
Tools

Husqvarna Rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I would like to hear more about these rifles, i know they are Swedish and that about all !

Tell me more ?? Im particularly interested in the older models 1950's sort od age.

What are they like for quality ? How do they shoot ? Would you recommend one ??

Thanks

Englander

Posts: 193 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi englander
Well m 96 is a kind of m98 mechanism without the third safty log was made before the war then many models based on Fn mauser mechanism and with barelles of forged swedish steel(what makes swedish steel unique is purity and very fine molecular structur)-. [Smile] usualy very well shooting [Big Grin] and later models called 1900 is push feed mecanism ,but smooth as silk. there some sites on internet concerning husqvarns guns,which i haven't the adress but if you seach in altavista. iam sure you are going to find them.
regards
danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
in the early 50's husqvarna built a m1000&1100 on fn commercial actions.. i have 1 and it is really slick.. in the mid 50's they introduced their own action which is a small ring action which is a combination of mauser & m70 technoligy.. these 2 are excellent guns..H&H used some of these actions in their rifles..

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
I have a M96 that was converted to 9.3x62. It has a laid back round pistol grip, points like a shotgun and is so light that I call it my "pocket rocket." It needs the front sight lowered and sometime this summer I'll do that. When it's finished I'll use it on elk whenever I get a tag.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Englander:

I just acquired a Husqvarna for a recently deceased friend. I was built in the later 1960s in 270 Winchester.

It has very acceptable accuracy. The stock on the original has been replaced with a lefthanded stock on a right handed action. I may change that or leave it as is since it was a dear friend and that is the way he had it, being a lefty.

I think it is a real quality firearm. Of course I have a preference for anything Swedish ( except for Saabs), but this rifle lives up to the reputation of things Swedish. Only could be happier if It was in 6.5 x 55.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is the best Husqvarna site I know;

http://hem.bredband.net/b102212/hvastory.html

This one about Husqvarna shotguns is interesting too. But it's in swedish;

http://www.pappaalva.com/husqvarna/

Posts: 92 | Location: Jamtland, Sweden | Registered: 26 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Husquarna lovers correct me if I'm wrong, but was one of the features not that the dual locking lugs were "pie shaped" - acting as natural anti-bind devices, and making for an exceptionally smooth action??

- mike

[ 05-31-2003, 21:47: Message edited by: mho ]

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mho.

Correct! The push feed model called 1900 here in Swe. had that feature. The "pie slice shaped" recoil lugs in combination with a really hard bolt makes the action smooth like nothing else.

The HVA 1900 is a long time favourite for running target when there are doubble shots on the program. The action is extremly easy to reload with the rifle still at the shoulder.

The rifles have aluminium floor plates and a trigger that useally needs work on it if the shooter likes it light and crisp.

I have a HVA 1900 .308 Win for running target.

Stefan.

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentleman for your thoughts on these rifles.

I believe the models im looking at are 640's or 649 ?? or something like that, they appear to be configured for open sights by lack of scope mounting and "classic" stock profile.

If i buy one of these rifle's it would be nice to keep it "scope free" perhaps a peep sight would go well. There is a lovely picture of one on that recommeded web site.

Thanks again Englander

Posts: 193 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote