Find
Notify
Tools

French /European cartridge belts??
 Login/Join

<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

I found a very nice cartridge belt by "Alexander Mareuil" last time I visited France. Now I have lost the card and the catalouge, does any one know how to get in contact with this maker?

The belt I found were with closed flaps over the cartrigde holders. I think the were 5 cartridges in each section. It looks quite close to what Waltherhog uses on the crazy safari's with Saeed.

Is there any other good European makers you know of??

Cheers
/ JOHAN

[ 02-15-2003, 17:52: Message edited by: JOHAN ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
JOHAN
Try www.westleyrichards.com
Also a US maker www.murrayleather.com
I use both and they are top quality.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TRY " www.alexandremareuil.com "
but my advise is stay away from leather which oxidizes the brass of your ammo.

Posts: 363 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: 20 March 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
bobby van der Putten

Thanks for the link. Yes, I know that leather is not that good.

What would you recommend instead? Is there any good canvas belts made in France or Belgium?

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
JOHAN I have used Murray leather quite a bit and it has not turned any of my brass "green". I recently bought two of their 15 round belts one for my 450 No2 and one for my 9,3x74R to make changing between rifles easier in Africa. Their elastic is very rugged.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Doc Garnett>
posted
Johan --
I have a leather cartidge holder from Holland and Holland.I left cartridges in it for almost a year once, and I would say that the brass was no more tarnished than if had I left them out on a cabinet shelf. This fall, I put a liberal amount of Balistol on it, inside and out, and saw no oxydation at all. I like this holder because the flap has a "post-thru-the-leather" type fastener which is very quiet, compared to a regular metal on metal snap. But I also recall seeing the price of one somewhre and thinking that they are on the expensive side, if not over-priced.
Regards --
-- Doc

<Harry>
posted
Try www.murraycustomleather.com and get the real thing that will last a lifetime and then some. [Big Grin]