New
Find
Notify
Tools

This years first roebuck!
 Login/Join

<maral>
posted
Finally, one week after roe-season started, i managed toget myself a nice roebuck last night.My roe-gun, a Brno in 260Rem, is still waiting for its new scope (kahles 3-9X42), so I had to use my Ruger No 1, in 8X68S instead. Maybe I was a little overgunned, but it is a very special feeling, stalking roe with a single shot rifle;-))I shot the 6-point buck at about 140m,and the bullet(220g Swift A-frame/2900fps) hit behind the left shoulder, and went out slightly in front of the left, damaging less than a pound of the best meat one can get.Roe -season started out just fine, afterall! 8-))

<maral>
posted
Ups, the bullet hit behind the right shoulder.-)

one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted Hide Post
I have been hunting hard from the .10. Right now I at work while I should have been in the woods. [Frown]

I haven't seen a buck yet. I saw 2 rows yesterday. I'll try the same place when I get home today to see if I there is a buck there.

Gratulerer med r�dyrbukken din Maral.

Johan

Posts: 1082 | Location: Middle-Norway (Veterinary student in Budapest) | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

Congratulations to the roe bucks. The Swedish opening started 16th of August.

I have bagged two nice roebucks during the opening day. One very nice six pointer and a small that were in the way for the rest of the population [Wink]

Soo sorry that I didn't have a digital camera.

Cheers/
JOHAN