New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back from Bulgaria-Thanks Arjun!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My friend Steve and I just returned from a 2 week hunt/tour in Bulgaria put together by Arjun Reddy ( reddy375). It was a great trip and my wife and Steve’s daughter also found it enjoyable. We had a full time driver/ interpreter and also a rep met us at the airport to ease guns in and out.

The lodge near Tervel was recently renovated and very clean, spacious and well appointed. We each had a gamekeeper that took us out hunting early and late . The chef prepared excellent meals so I think we all gained weight in spite of all the walking. It was a great 6 days hunt. I took nice Mouflon, Fallow, and Roe while Steve took a beautiful Red stag. While Steve hunted long and hard he did not find a suitable Roe. We were entertained as the stags were still roaring in the first few days of the hunt. A very nice touch was the customary European respect shown the game when posed after the hunt.

After the hunt we visited Varna on the Black Sea coast, Veliko Tarnova (ancient Tsarist capital, and Sophia. All accommodations were very nice and our guide in Sophia was fantastic. Turkish Air was more pleasant than Delta has been lately on long trips.

All in all a great trip and Arjun delivered everything we requested and more. I’m going to send him some pictures that maybe he can post

As a side note, Arjun sells the Gunstix and sent me a pair to try. I have to admit to some initial skepticism, thinking them “gimmicky”. However, I found them very useful. To me they are marginally slower to set up but MUCH steadier than an African style tripod. I took the Mouflon at 130 m and the fallow at 170m through brush. Not sure I could have taken the fallow shot off a tripod. Anyway ,just my 2 cents.

Larry

Posts: 372 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChiefR53:
My friend Steve and I just returned from a 2 week hunt/tour in Bulgaria put together by Arjun Reddy ( reddy375). It was a great trip and my wife and Steve’s daughter also found it enjoyable. We had a full time driver/ interpreter and also a rep met us at the airport to ease guns in and out.

The lodge near Tervel was recently renovated and very clean, spacious and well appointed. We each had a gamekeeper that took us out hunting early and late . The chef prepared excellent meals so I think we all gained weight in spite of all the walking. It was a great 6 days hunt. I took nice Mouflon, Fallow, and Roe while Steve took a beautiful Red stag. While Steve hunted long and hard he did not find a suitable Roe. We were entertained as the stags were still roaring in the first few days of the hunt. A very nice touch was the customary European respect shown the game when posed after the hunt.

After the hunt we visited Varna on the Black Sea coast, Veliko Tarnova (ancient Tsarist capital, and Sophia. All accommodations were very nice and our guide in Sophia was fantastic. Turkish Air was more pleasant than Delta has been lately on long trips.

All in all a great trip and Arjun delivered everything we requested and more. I’m going to send him some pictures that maybe he can post

As a side note, Arjun sells the Gunstix and sent me a pair to try. I have to admit to some initial skepticism, thinking them “gimmicky”. However, I found them very useful. To me they are marginally slower to set up but MUCH steadier than an African style tripod. I took the Mouflon at 130 m and the fallow at 170m through brush. Not sure I could have taken the fallow shot off a tripod. Anyway ,just my 2 cents.

Larry

Posts: 372 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Pics posted for Larry.

Thanks Larry for posting your hunt report. I was very glad to hear that you and Steve had a good hunt and came back with some nice trophies and also got to see some of the country.

Regards,

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

2024 SHOW BOOTHS:

DSC (Dallas 11th-14th January) booth #950
SCI (Nashville 31st Jan-3rd Feb) booth #411
Western Hunting and Conservation Expo (Salt lake city 15th-18th February) booth # 319

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bulgaria is a great hunt snd a fascinating place.

Arjun does a professional and personal job getting you there and back.

His outfitter is great to work experience from the business end.

They take care to deliver a good trip.

Posts: 10821 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Sounds like a great trip. I'll be in Bulgaria next April for capercaillie.....can't wait!

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 246 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote