Tools

Baldock 2009 ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of solvi
posted
Posted 20 August 2007 15:17
Hi All,

Great news, we have had confirmation from the estate on the dates for the AR stalking weekend, and we have settled on March 28th-30th 2008. The location will be In Baldock as previously discussed and target species will be Fallow and Muntjac, bucks and does.
---------------------------------------------

Its now a year sins plans for our trip to Baldock where made.

Kiri, are you on the project jumping

Skype username
solvijoh

Posts: 497 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 27 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of puntgunner
posted Hide Post
Solvi,

I have been waiting for someone to make the move !!

Please consider my name for the list.
I enjoyed the last trip so much, I could no longer imagine a year without such an even taking place.

Well done.

Posts: 181 | Location: Home counties, England | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ballocks!!!! my mates wedding is the same weekend Mad

Posts: 290 | Location: N.Ireland | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Super, great news Solvi, I would like to express my interest, second I have a friend that would like to come as well.

Solvi who is doing the dealing of the deck?

Best regards Chris

one of us
Picture of solvi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi All,

The starting of this thread, is just to give Kiri a gentle push, in the hope that he will start planning next year.

Skype username
solvijoh

one of us
posted Hide Post
Those days should work for me. Please consider my name for the participants list.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hope to see many of the "Baldock Charter AR Weekend Members".

Wouldn't consider missing it; not even for a best Buddy's Wedding!

Big Grin

Count me in!

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
Kiri, we need to have Baldock '09 a week or two earlier than this year.

I am 40 that weekend next year, the wife & kids will not take kindly to me clearing off for the duration.

Big Grin

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gerry thats just not fair! Frowner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian- remenber it´s your birthday, you can celebrate anywhere. Wink

Best regards Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi

Could someone explain how this all works please?

I'd like to come if possible, I understand if its only for long standing forum members who have the required number of posts under their belts etc.

Where do you actually stalk?

Posts: 128 | Location: Lost but I have a compass and know how to use it | Registered: 13 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
H5, read this, it will give you the right idea.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=529101327#529101327

Various other searchs for Baldock will bring up other posts.

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 308mate:
quote:

Gerry thats just not fair! Frowner

Aaron, you could save your pal a lifetimes grief - put him in the Landy and bring him to Baldock also. Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Monsieur Fallow Buck is currently out of the country - however, will give the matter his full attention upon his return! Smiler

Keep well

Rgds Ian

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian

Thankyou for the link.

I withdraw my request to join you.

Have a good weekend.

Posts: 128 | Location: Lost but I have a compass and know how to use it | Registered: 13 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
don't tempt me Brian, I could turn it into a shotgun wedding!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by solvi:
Hi All,

Great news, we have had confirmation from the estate on the dates for the AR stalking weekend, and we have settled on March 28th-30th 2008. The location will be In Baldock as previously discussed and target species will be Fallow and Muntjac, bucks and does.
---------------------------------------------

Its now a year sins plans for our trip to Baldock where made.

Kiri, are you on the project jumping

I just re-read Solvi's post, and the dates he quotes were actually the dates for 2008. So before we all plan for the dates mentioned, perhaps we should be aware that no dates have (yet) been set for 2009.

Or am I mistaken??

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of solvi
posted Hide Post
Rigth on Wink

Skype username
solvijoh

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sertainly whish that there will be another go at Baldock in 2009, and that the time fits better to my working scedule than last time thumb

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent! It"s the weekend of my birthday too, so it"s a good time for me to come back to the soggy, foggy and boggy UK! I"m in a library in Alberta as I write this as I have"nt got a pc yet, but I"m very much looking forward to getting back to Baldock!
good shooting

Posts: 669 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any dates set yet?Already missed one shoot here with Ian,cant afford another miss.BEST,kim

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hi All,

I had the pleasure of Mr IanF's company over the weekend, and we had a brief chat about this.

I think it took us about 30 seconds to decide that we would like to take this "AR tradition" into it's second year.

I will again undertake the organisation of the weekend, assuming there is no objection, but I would just ask that everyone isn't so miserable this time... Wink

In fact in typical Kiri "Style" (two words not often put in the same sentence) I've already spoken to Ian about ways which we can make things a little better this year. As such in the spirit of democracy could anyone with any comments on last year please PM me with them, as we would like to put constructive criticism to its best use!!

Anyway, as for dates. I have some thoughts on that and personally I would prefer if we brought this forward a little. The simple reason is that it makes the logistics of a day far easier to manage for a large group. Namely it is a later start in the morning and earlier finish at night. I'll discuss this with Ian and the estate and come back with his comments, which may well be "stop talking rubbish!!"

Either way we are on the case and I'm sure we can put something together for you all to get involved in, but please any comments would be Ignored appreciated.

Rgds

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fallow Buck:
Namely it is a later start in the morning .....

I am saying nothing! rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kiri, I thought a month or so earlier would be ideal - for entirely selfish reasons, ie, it suits my plans much better. Also, the aforementioned later start, earlier finish is better suited to my lazy temperament. This has the unexpected but happy side benefit of freeing up more time for the - ahem - "social" aspect of the event.

Other than that, if you do the smoked venison, I'll do the whiskey.

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Claret_Dabbler:
Kiri, I thought a month or so earlier would be ideal - for entirely selfish reasons, ie, it suits my plans much better. Also, the aforementioned later start, earlier finish is better suited to my lazy temperament. This has the unexpected but happy side benefit of freeing up more time for the - ahem - "social" aspect of the event.

Other than that, if you do the smoked venison, I'll do the whiskey.

Brian, I've seen you do the Whiskey so I'll make sure I smoke a lot of venison!! Not having the shoot over your birthday weekend also means we don't have to give you the bumps!! Wink

Pete I'm not talking to you anymore...

FB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Brian, I've seen you do the Whiskey so I'll make sure I smoke a lot of venison!! Not having the shoot over your birthday weekend also means we don't have to give you the bumps!!

Don't be getting carrried away now Kiri!
If you could bring the date forward I would be very very grateful. what about the possibility
of some pigeon shooting???
anyway whatever you put on for us will be fantastic.

And you do the cooking and leave the drink to the Irish party!! jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Move the date up earlier&its MY birthday!

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 308mate:
what about the possibility
QUOTE]

Aaron, a days pigeon shooting while we are there is a stunning idea.

On the first night last year, there was a flight line of pigeons coming to roost over my highseat that would have broken your heart.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ohhh so this would be one of those Drilling moments, is that right Brian?

To my own shame I did my best to bait some pigeons to come to my grounds this year, I only managed to take a handfull.

Kiri, your planning and cooking skills are limitless, or at least comparable with Ian and Jo:s.

Ohh well, time to get back to work.

Best regards Chris

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]
what about the possibility
QUOTE]

Guys, I'm not sure about this. Indeed I also sat in a highseat on the Saturday evening when I could easily have fired 100+ shells at the blue wonders. I'll discuss with Ian and the Estate but I think that the likelyhood is that it will bo too much to organise logistically. The main point is after all to help Paul with his deer cull.

Rgds,
FB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't worry about it Kiri.

I will find a pigeon guide in the Hertfordshire Bedfordshire area and arrange something myself.

Chris, not drillings I'm afraid, the Beretta O/U will have to travel.

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Brian,

Depending on when we decide on I will likely have some pigeon shooting to go over my maize cover crops. It's a bit out of the way but it could be fun if you don't mind an extra couple of hours in the car. There is also Will that I can arrange pigeons for you in oxfordshire which will be more convenient.

That will apply to anyone who wishes to shoot pigeons on the thursday and I can also arrange the TFP's through my firearms officer on the basis that I'm arranging shotgunning too.

Rgds,
K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jesus! shocker
I'd never contemplate paying to go and shoot pigeons.
My neighbour even bungs me a thousand cart's for keeping them off his OSR and peas.

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Could Interested Parties PM me please to give us an indication of numbers for when we speak to the Estate?

We are looking at a couple of dates in Feb yet to be confirmed.

Rgds,
FB