New
Find
Notify
Tools

varmints in Alaska
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any Alaska varmint hunters out there?; I have not looked at this topic on AR but share an interest in varmints so I should ask - since we have an abundance of coyotes, fox, etc. - any suggestions on where, how, when - hell, half the fun is just being in the great outdoors - thanks for any ideas - KMule

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hey, I get out varmit blasting every once in a long while, do you live in anchorage or are you in the bush? we go hunting up off the denali and got a couple of wolves and yotes this year but the biggest thing was squirls, they are every where and annoying as hell. as for how, we usualy just go camping and the AR/sks/M-1/anyothergun gets thrown in and oh hey, a wolf comming this way, check regs, level and bam

Posts: 675 | Location: anchorage | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMuleinAK:
Any Alaska varmint hunters out there?; I have not looked at this topic on AR but share an interest in varmints so I should ask - since we have an abundance of coyotes, fox, etc. - any suggestions on where, how, when - hell, half the fun is just being in the great outdoors - thanks for any ideas - KMule

If we ever get snow down here on the Kenai? There is some great Yote hunting, KNWR, Swanson river area etc.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Christian>
posted
Hi TsTurm do you live in kenai? I was there as a high school exchange student some ten years ago. I got to see some good caribo and duck hunting over there.

how has this season been?

Chris in Sweden

one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out the forum on saubier.com. Some hardcore small caliber varmint hunters on it. One of the forum posters is from Alaska and hunts wolves with a .17cal rifle. Hope this helps.

Posts: 72 | Location: Flagstaff, Arizona USA | Registered: 27 November 2002Reply With Quote