THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: Rem 700 22-250 carbon(location in TN)

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Rem 700 22-250 carbon(location in TN)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey, I am in middle TN. north of Cookeville at Celina, about 5 miles form the KY. border. I'll get back to you when I have more time tonite. thanks Doc Stone

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like any advice or opinions on the Rem 700 22-250 w factory carbon V barrel.. Also any good super 22-250 loads. Is the barrel break-in of shoot- clean, shoot-clean for 1st 20-30 shots really necessary?? thanks in advance, Doc Stone in TN.

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
I can't answer the first part but believe in a break-in. I start out with a shoot & clean for 10, then shoot 3 three shot groups and clean. From that point a couple five shot groups followed by cleaning. Different methods certainly exist but the key is to clean often when first starting out.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
Hey Doc, whereabouts in Tennessee are you?

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
One of my graduating residents went to Celina to practice, quite a few years ago. Might've been Glenn Davis.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote