THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Heading to Saskatchewan, 2 more sleeps

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heading to Saskatchewan, 2 more sleeps
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well this will be a first for me, taking a full 7 days off work to go gopher shooting. A nine hour drive from Edmonton Alberta to Mankota Sask.
We will have the opportunity to get into some 400 yard shots, if we want to take them? Be taking both my CZ Varmint and the HS Precision in 204 Ruger, Cz 17HMR, CZ Full stock22, BRNO 581 22, Buckmark Varmint 22, BRNO 2E for back up, Sako Vixen 223.
Should be quite a bit of fun, FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
thumbEnjoy beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds awesome!
Have tons of fun... thumb
Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And bring some pix back and post them, especially of the neat rifles you're taking; the Sako and BRNO for sure.. Big Grin

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well the big trip is over and done with for this year. And as usual the windy conditions didn't allow much in the way of center fire action. I did put a brick of 17 Mach2 into the new Cooper, that is a lot more loading than shooting with only one 5 round mag.
The opening afternoon saw me out with my newly bought used 17HRM American that the previous owner had bedded and managed to touch off a couple hundred of the Hornady Vmax rounds.
Day 2 started off with the Cooper, then 100 Hornets after lunch, followed by the BRNO 561 in 22. Favored this rifle because I have 6 mags for it and the field we were in was over run with critters.
Day 3 raining cold and windy, no action to speak of.
Day 4 I broke out the new Browning Buckmark and 5 mags. What a fantastic little rifle this is. I could not believe some of the shots me and this rifle were making through out the day, it may be my new favorite rimfire for a long time to come.People some times talk about a lack of accuracy with semi autos, but I'm a believer in this fine gun
Day 5 turned bad again for weather, so we called it a trip and headed home.
Took a lot of ammo, didn't use up that much of it. a brick in 17mach2, 1/2 brick 17HMR,3 bricks of 22. I'd say our kill rate was pretty close to 80% with the 17's and 70% with the 22's. So we may not have fired as many rounds as we had hoped to we still killed one heck of a big pile of gophers. FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You got some action and that's a plus.
I have a Browning Buckmark pistol, and LOVE it. It's accurate also, with a good trigger.
Thanks for the report! thumb

Don