THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    204 light loads with 4227 and 2400

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

204 light loads with 4227 and 2400
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I played a bit with my 9 empty cases working up a possible turkey load. I found a dipper that threw 10.5 grains of IMR 4227 and used it to load some 32 grain Vmaxes. I can't say what the velocity was but the cases obturated and I got .5 inch groups at my 50 yard range. Also having some 2400 I tried the same dipper and with this powder it threw an even 10 grains. Using the same bullet the POI went up half an inch and I got three touching. It was windy, cool and my rest wasn't all that solid so maybe they could have shot better. I got the feeling the 2400 loading was a bit faster. Primer is CCI 450. Noise level is way down from the full load of H322 I use for regular work and I bet a turkey load I have found.

Leftists are intellectually vacant, but there is no greater pleasure than tormenting the irrational.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'd go shoot a crat of something before i'd try that on a turkey - something tells me that it would still be a bit explosive

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dug a couple of them out of my dirt backstop and they were perfect little mushrooms. Sad thing about Turkeys, if you hit them solid your going to tear up some meat.

Leftists are intellectually vacant, but there is no greater pleasure than tormenting the irrational.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote