New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coyote Carcass Price!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yesterday as I was perusing the sporting goods stores and Gun Shops in Idaho Falls, Idaho when I came across a want ad. The want ad was for "Coyote carcasses" and it gave a local number for a man that wanted both Coyote carcasses and Coyote skins as well as those of other furbearers.
I called the phone number and made inquiry into the price paid for a Coyote "with the hide on".
$20.00 came the reply!
I was somewhat impressed with this amount as I have shot and left lying where they dropped several Coyotes this fall thinking they were next to worthless unless skinned and fleshed!
The interested fur buyer was 12 miles from Idaho Falls (I am not sure which direction) and I have his phone number in my call list if anyone is interested - E-mail me for it (VarmintGuy@aol.com).
25 of those un-skinned Coyotes and thats a new (used!) Varmint Gun for an interested party!
I better start checking around in my neck of the woods for a fur buyer not quite as far from me!
Good price and no skinning, fleshing, stretching and smelling the garage up!
Easy money?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was somewhat impressed with this amount

I'm not. You'll do much better skinning and stretching them, MT has nice coyotes and I just saw an average of $43 on Western type coyotes at the last FHA auction last week.

Coyotes are easy enough to skin and stretch.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a trapper who is trapping on my brothers land and he told us that if we shoot a coyote (and it's not "shot full of holes") he'll give up to $20.00 for it with the hide still on!
The price of $20.00 is the best anyone around here has seen in a lot of years!
I think after the first of the year, I'll get the 204 out and see what I can get!

Chuck - Retired USAF- Life Member, NRA & NAHC

Posts: 454 | Location: Russell (way upstate), NY - USA | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck White: Best of luck on the New York Coyotes! Let us know how you do.

Skinner: I have 4 metal Coyote hide stretchers out in my garage - there are no pelts on them as we speak. The days after Christmas will see me sneaking around the Rockies here with my 204 in hand as well - I will be after Bobcat, Wolverine and Coyotes!

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Varmintguy: In north Missouri coyote pelts go for around $10.00 for a perfect one. Most people i talk to say they get around $6.00 if they are lucky for coyotes. Bobcats go for around $60.00+

Posts: 22 | Location: north missouri | Registered: 17 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sell most of my stuff to a few area taxidermists. They would rather get the whole animal and skin it themselves. Rate in fur fish and game last year was about 10-15 bucks for a fox. Most buyers around here will give you ten bucks for the whole thing. 5 dollars is not worth it to me to peel one, we do not do it for money. I do not like letting stuff lay, so it helps with gas and reloads. 23 dollars difference on the coyote would be. If the temp around here does not drop soon, I will be getting a stretcher or 6.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just sold 7 coyotes from two days of hunting and got $20 apiece in Medicine Hat. This is a little better than the past few years. Remember that coyotes are prime in December and early January. Fall hides are not worth as much and believe me a fur buyer can just about tell you when the dog died. Hides begin to go downhill when the mating thing starts towards the end of January.

Posts: 200 | Location: alberta canada | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VarmintGuy:
Yesterday as I was perusing the sporting goods stores and Gun Shops in Idaho Falls, Idaho when I came across a want ad. The want ad was for "Coyote carcasses" and it gave a local number for a man that wanted both Coyote carcasses and Coyote skins as well as those of other furbearers.
Easy money?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Back in the early 1980's there used to be a guy in Idaho Falls that paid $40 for whole coyotes. He had an Air Force contract for parkas or something.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12578 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bullshooter
posted Hide Post
Last I heard(about 5yrs ago). Pacific recycling in Great Falls was giving a pair of gloves for a whole coyote. I dont know the exact details(season, brand of gloves) but it doesnt sound like anything I would go out of my way to do.

My uncle told me that in the late 70's or early 80's that one of his neighbors paid for a snowmobile in dead coyotes. That sounds like a lot of dead coyotes. he also told me that one of the most productive ways to hunt them is on snomobile. not too sure about that but it sure sounds fun.

Posts: 162 | Location: puyallup wa. | Registered: 24 December 2000Reply With Quote