THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Possible Ban on Prairie Dog Shooting in CO

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible Ban on Prairie Dog Shooting in CO
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rex Rat
posted Hide Post
Don't those things breed like rats? They would have one heck of a time trying to relocate them! diggin

You mean to tell me that tree huggers are not considered varmints in CO? Big Grin

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 93 | Location: Somewhere in this multiverse | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Well you know good and well... if the environMENTAL wackos succeed in pulling it off in Colorado, they will be setting their sights on other western states...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rex Rat:
Don't those things breed like rats? They would have one heck of a time trying to relocate them! diggin

You mean to tell me that tree huggers are not considered varmints in CO? Big Grin

THEY AREN'T DOGS THEY ARE RODENTS AKA RATS.... THE FEDS DID A STUDY HERE ON PDOGS A COUPLES YEARS BACK AND CAME UP WITH THE IDEA THEY DIDN'T NEED TO MESS WITH THEM.... QUITE AWHILE BACK THEY WERE GOING TO DO THE SAME THING BECAUSE THEY WERE GOING TO RE-INTRODUECE BLACK FOOTED FERRETS INTO THE PDOG TOWNS AS A NATURAL PREDITOR.... THE FERRETS KEPT DYING ..... THE WOLFES ARE OFFICIALLY DELISTED HERE IN MONTANA, AND THEY HAVE A HUNTING SEASON SET UP FOR THIS FALL, BUT (LONG BUT) I KNOW IT WON'T TAKE LONG FOR THE BLEEDING HEARTS TO FILE SUIT IN COURT TO STOP THE HUNT.... SO IT CONTINUES....THE bull
TREE HUGGERS ARE VARMITS NO MATTER WHAT DISGUISE THEY TRY TO PUT ON... ONE WAY TO TAKE CARE OF IT.... diggin

faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more rifles

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Read carefully. This is a project by "law students" in the public interest, no doubt. Next? Protection for rats and mice in Denver?

Someone should cancel their student loans and have them picked up for mental evaluation. Professors? Probably too late...

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll EyesKind of interesting in the reading.

One of the points of arguements is that we are doing this for live target practice. It seems that some of our bretheren take exception to that. OK perhaps there are those that are doing it because they are providing a service to whom so ever. The vast majority of varmint hunters are honest and just plain enjoy the killing ,red mist and all that inspires young kids to kill sparrows with BB guns.

The benefit to the farmers or ranchers is secoundary to the varmint SHOOTER. Let us not bull shit ourselves or defend a position that is without foundation. shockerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of pdhntr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:

The benefit to the farmers or ranchers is secoundary to the varmint SHOOTER. Let us not bull shit ourselves or defend a position that is without foundation. shockerroger

And while we sit quietly, reloading shells with anticipation, the oat seeds of poison and death to all creatures of the dog town are being spread.

Jim

Please be an ethical PD hunter, always practice shoot and release!!

Praying for all the brave souls standing in harms way.

Posts: 731 | Location: NoWis. | Registered: 04 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The CO Division of Wildlife (CDOW) has already outlawed PD shooting on public lands. I don't think they can tell individual land owners how to manage their own property, but I may be wrong. If it goes to a protected level by the Feds, then ALL western states would be involved. That might cause a bit of controversy.

Posts: 100 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA | Registered: 10 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If CDOW rules that private citizens can't shoot PD on their own property, a friend of mine is going to be pis....d. He bought several hundred acres of worthless PD infested land in S.E. CO soley for his PD safaris.

Posts: 100 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA | Registered: 10 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of pdhntr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike1:
If CDOW rules that private citizens can't shoot PD on their own property, a friend of mine is going to be pis....d. He bought several hundred acres of worthless PD infested land in S.E. CO soley for his PD safaris.

This is not a condemnation of you or your friend, but I wonder what he will do with his "several hundred acres of worthless PD infested land in S.E. CO." to recover his investment?

It's a rhetorical question. If the CDOW rules against, he has no choice.

Jim

Please be an ethical PD hunter, always practice shoot and release!!

Praying for all the brave souls standing in harms way.

Posts: 731 | Location: NoWis. | Registered: 04 May 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I was sent this email.

Guys, I don’t know if you’ve heard yet, but there is a proposition before the CO Wildlife Commission that would BAN prairie dog shooting in the entire State of Colorado, including on private land. On May 1 & 2 there is a meeting in Grand Junction where the COWC will be hearing arguments against the proposal. If this passes in CO, whose State is next?

Here’s what I’d like you to do. Go to Predator Masters and go to the Varmint Hunting forum and read the last page of the thread about “CO Wildlife Commission to ban varmint shootingâ€. If you would like to help us fight this, make a post saying so. We need all the support we can get to fight the bunny huggers. Your post showing support just may motivate some of the “fence sitters†in the membership. If you can’t show up in person in GJ, then putting your name on our petition is the next best thing. But an army of varmint hunters standing in front of the Game Commissioners on May 1st is our best defense.

I will be going to this meeting.
Lyle

Ruger#1 one shot=clean kill!

Posts: 6 | Location: Denver , CO | Registered: 04 June 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of West
posted Hide Post
New development in our fight to Save Our Sport.

We just got our petition hosted online. We are now accepting electronic signatures. Please go to http://www.FinsandFurOutdoors.net

Click on "Prairie Dog Petition" in the column on the LH side of the page.

This is a tremendous help for our little grassroots team.

We need your helep wherever you may live. If it starts here, it could happen in your state next.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.

Posts: 41 | Location: Aurora, CO | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of West
posted Hide Post
For any of you that may be incorrectly thinking we are up against a bunch of dope smoking forest fairies, I encourage you to go to this website:

http://www.fguardians.org/

They are well funded, have a large full-time staff and push these types of issues throughout the Southwest.

None of us can afford to sit back and let the "other guy" carry the flag. Please get involved!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.

Posts: 41 | Location: Aurora, CO | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I attended a meeting about the Mojave National Preserve & listened to all of the AR types wanting predator hunting banned,one was a wildlife biologist representing some AR organization I listened to her spout her training so I made my statement that I had the same degree,was retired from LE & supported varmint hunting.She shut up after I trumped her.

one of us
posted Hide Post
thought i'd bump this to the top once again due to it's EXTREME IMPORTANCE.

If u haven't signed the petition, please do so--we need al the support we can get--thks.

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bsflagComissioners,,,,,,
No one has looked at the real reason why they want to stop Huntin PD !!
This is my 2 cents !!! Some time back, the powers that be here in Colorado, told everyone in this sate that we were running out of water, behold they shut down over 400 water wells in northern Colorado hoping to solve the problem,,,,,,didn't happen.
Now they want to stop huntin' PD's. Has anyone figured out that the large housing developer are building rediculas large housing projects in area's no one would build in before because of the PD's. Communities have bought up water rights up and down the South Platte river and are forcing those right to be used now so they can keep building these large developments and take the water from the farmer and rancher. These so-called smart people have not figured out the meat and produce from these farms and ranchs come from this area. Theres gonna be a lot of starving people in this area(can you spell DIET)....
If you can't have water for grain and meat, the area returns to a desert, great home for the PD's. Now the developers have free range to build as they please. They will control the water and they can move the PD"s were they want to and you can't do a DAM thing about it. A vicious cycle about MONEY.
bsflag bsflag bsflag jebb45

Posts: 99 | Location: Northeast Missouri | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote