Tools

Bob Milek for Jens
 Login/Join

posted

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nickudu,

I'm not Jens, but I wanted to thank you for scanning the Milek articles. He was one of my favorite writers and I remember reading both those articles back in the day....

Posts: 1927 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nick:

Thanks also from Seafire...

I just read the articles and saved them to file... to read again and again when I get the mood....

One doesn't know how much they miss guys like Bob Milek until one reads some of his old articles...

Great stuff....Some of those guys, and the more common sensibility of their day make those articles so good....

cheers
seafire
beer

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nickudu Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler Smiler!

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My pleasure, gentlemen! Thank You.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
I'd like to say thanks as well. He was one of the guys I admired greatly.

I tried to save the pics but my PC won't let me view them? Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He was one of my favorites as well. Used to tickle me, reading one of his articles about using the .250 Savage or 30-30 in the Contender on deer and goats, then in the same issue, someone else stating that .308 - 30-06 were the absolute minumum for reliable meat getters.

Posts: 339 | Location: SE Kansas | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine the trading if the magazies would offer the old articles on CD. I have just about quit buying gunzines because they are mostly a waste of good paper and ink.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MoreBS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seafire/B17G:
Nick:

Thanks also from Seafire...

I just read the articles and saved them to file... to read again and again when I get the mood....

One doesn't know how much they miss guys like Bob Milek until one reads some of his old articles...

Great stuff....Some of those guys, and the more common sensibility of their day make those articles so good....

cheers
seafire
beer

Bob was one of my favorites!

Get Close and Wack'em Hard

posted Hide Post
I too was, and still am, a big Bob Milek fan. I can recall when I got my first Contender pistol in .223 and had some reloading questions that I needed answers to. I called him when he lived in Thermopolis Wyoming and he was the nicest person you can imagine. He even wrote me a couple short notes about some things he suggested I try. Just a great man. I really miss his articles and his knowledge. They just don't make 'em like that anymore.

Posts: 1 | Location: Washington | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nickudu,
Thanks from me, as well. Like many others, I don't buy/read NEARLY as many of the "mainstream" publications as I use to. Roll Eyes Nevertheless, three of my most treasured possessions are old writings by Bob Milek, including: 1.) OLD Peterson's "Hunting" w/ the monthly "Handloading" column by Bob Milek; 2.) an OLD collection of Bob Milek handgun hunting stories; 3.) an OLD publication of Bob Milek handgun hunting "how to" articles. I have a tendency to "misplace" the latter two, Eeker but when I find them, I end up sitting and reading them for hours on end. I really loved his writings.... I agree w/ LouisB in that I think a reprint of some of his writings would be very well received and sell quite well. clapI know I'd buy some. Wink Gary T.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote