New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am interested in a Tikka Master Continental.Does anyone have experience with this rifle?Both pros and cons.

Posts: 507 | Location: Rogersville ,tn,usa | Registered: 06 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of milosmate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sll:
I am interested in a Tikka Master Continental.Does anyone have experience with this rifle?Both pros and cons.

I have recently brought one in 25-06 and I am very happy with it.Shoots sub moa, trigger is adjustable.
Cant say I have any dislikes at the moment.
For value for momey you cant go wrong, havnt heard anything negative about them. [Wink]

Posts: 217 | Location: Christchurch,New Zealand | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
<reloaderman>
posted
I've got a Tikka Continental in .223Rem and it's a tack driver! I couldn't be happier with it, a great value for the money. After sighting it in, my first 3 shots cut a cloverleaf!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi sll

Have got a synthetic blue in 2506 shoots great, but the action rusts within minutes if used in the rain, otherwise O.K

Griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
<1GEEJAY>
posted
Hey'
I bought a Tikka 25-06,converted it to a 25 Gibbs.Good rifle for the money.
1geejay
www.shooting-hunting.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a blue/syn 223, not sure which model. I have shot sub 1" groups at 200 yards with it. Only thing I don't like is it has to be fed through the clip. Very difficult to load single shots. Good trigger.

posted Hide Post
Used to own a .22/250 Tikka 595, great gun, especially once pillar bedded, could castrate a knat at 200 yds. Have now had it rebarreled to .308 as I liked the action so much and wanted a deer rifle more than a varmint rifle. Another Tikka success. Can't speak highly enough of them. Apparently the 1000 yd benchrest in UK was won several years ago with a Tikka action rebarreled to 6.5x55.
SR

Posts: 18 | Location: Lancashire, UK | Registered: 24 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now then SR, stop advocating your passion for lobbing slow moving pieces of lead with that 308. You know my standard Remmy 25-06 will out shoot your Tikka and I have a target to prove it, as you well know! AM. [Eek!]

Posts: 136 | Location: England | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thankyou Mr Mass for the helpful comments, indeed your 25/06 appears to be adequately accurate at 100yds, unfortunately less so at 230 yds it would seem, it will be interesting to see how long the accuracy lasts now the rust of neglect has set in.

Posts: 18 | Location: Lancashire, UK | Registered: 24 August 2002Reply With Quote
<Varmint Hunter>
posted
SR
I have a Tikka 595 in 7-08. Rifle shoots very well right out of the box. However, I'm one of those guys who just can't leave well-enough along.
When you rebarreled and bedded; what did you do with the recoil lug which just falls off? I have heard that some smiths replace it with a standard recoil lug and cut a new mortice into the stock for it before bedding rifle.
Anyone special do the work for you?
Charlie

posted Hide Post
Charlie,
A gunsmith in the UK did the work for me, he replaced the recoil lug with a .375 thick stainless steel lug and adjusted the stock accordingly, he can however permanently fix the standard lug to the action as well if preferred, although if you are going to the trouble of rebarreling it seems silly not to go the whole hog. Incidentally the barrel is a 24in cut rifled Border barrel made in Scotland (#4 profile). The stock is the standard deluxe wood stock with the rollover cheekpiece pillar bedded on aluminium pillars and stainless steel devcon putty, the trigger is standard but regulated to 21/2 lbs. All up weight including 6x42 German scope 10 3/4 lbs, not a lightweight but perfectly manageable for the stalking I do in the UK.
If you want to contact the smith, his name is Norman Clark, Unit 4,5 &8 Hunters Lane, Rugby,Warwickshire CV21 1EA Telephone 01788 579651
He builds rifles for all disciplines from bespoke stalking rifles to 1000yd target rifles which are sometimes based around the Tikka action and often in .223 Rem. I have seen some of his work destined for the US or Canada, it was a while back but I am pretty sure they were .338 Lapua Mags based on Tikkas once again. Hope this answers your questions.
SR

one of us
Picture of pete152
posted Hide Post
I have a M55 .222REM which is about 25 years old and it still shoots beatifully. I use it on rabbits and roos sometimes pigs.
Peter

Posts: 171 | Location: australia | Registered: 06 July 2000Reply With Quote