Find
Notify
Tools

What happened to the 260 rem?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bullshooter
posted
I may be blind but I dont see it offered in the remington line-up. I am thinking of building a tube gun and was wanting to use a heavy barreled 260 to build it on. Does anybody use the 260 for varmints?

Posts: 162 | Location: puyallup wa. | Registered: 24 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why go to the 6.5 for varmints? How far are u shooting? The .243 ppc and br will do the trick with proper twist rate. Much, much more reloading information. Shooting long range the 6.5 is great and the 308 case is very proven. I like smaller bullets for varmints.

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
What happened to the .260 Rem????

cheersIt's experiencing the death it deserves. hammering

It started from a miscreation that should have and would have died long ago had it not been a US. military cartridge. stirroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
I think if you listen closely you will hear the sound of .260's muzzle blast echoing thru the hills. All the smart hunters are finding out what an awesome cartridge it is! My brother in law got one for my nephew 3 seasons ago now, and a few of his friends copycated him. Body count now at 22 animals and 24 shots. Everyone including the local butcher is amazed at the positive results.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bullshooter: I have one of Remington's very limited run, Model 700 VLS's in 260 Remington - and what a sweet Rifle it is!
Shoots great, looks great, fits me to a "T" and the recoil is next to nothing!
I use this Rifle as my "back up" Mule Deer, Whitetailed Deer and Antelope Rifle.
It has a Leupold 6.5x20 scope on it and I did a trigger job on it.
I have killt Coyote and Rock Chuck with it so far and the 100 gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips that shoot so wel in it fly far and flat!
I recommend the caliber AND the heavy barrel idea!
You might just want to look around and see if you can find an all factory stock Remington 700 VLS in 260 before you spend the "big bucks" on a custom.
I know I am sure happy with mine!
My 2,006 Remington catalog list the 260 Remington being offered in 3 of the 700 Models and in 3 of the Model 7 offerings. Alas it appears none of the 6 offerings are "heavy barreled" though.
I do not have a copy of the 2,007 Remington catalog as yet. I will check the online site for info.
Good luck with your project and I think it will be worth the effort once completed!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It seems that the 260 Rem is going to fade some more. As of late there have been many new cartridges coming out and brass production on others being dropped such as the 300 HH by WW.

It was asked above if your going to shoot far. If so a QT 260 would be good with handloads for long range varmints. However the round is never going to be popular. I had a 260 and it shot the 95 g VMax very well but a 243 will do similar things and richocet less with the right bullets which is, to me, a reason not to use a 260 in settled places.

If your going to long range blast varmints and cartridge popularity matters to you then there are more popular rounds. Some of these are the 243, 25-06 and 270.

Whats a 'tube' rifle?

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look at the rifles that it has been chambered in. 700 in a detachable box magazine which was one of the poorest seller Remington ever created. Model 7s are OK but not what most are wanting. They never gave the ctg a fair shake in offering in their premier rifles. I just love my 40x in .260

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:

cheersIt's experiencing the death it deserves. hammering

It started from a miscreation that should have and would have died long ago had it not been a US. military cartridge. stirroger

Roger, Roger, Roger.....

for an astute guy, you are way in left field on that statement...

all three of mine are doing just fine.....

I personallyn think it is one of the best cartridges out there!

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bullshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:

Whats a 'tube' rifle?

Here is some info on tube rifles. I love AR-15's and these are said to have the feel of an AR. I just thought it would be something cool to blow my x-mas bonus on. I am leaning toward a more tactical like setup than the target rifles. Ideally I want a 22" barrel. It sounds like the AR handguard and butt stock bolt right up.

http://www.tubegun.net/

Posts: 162 | Location: puyallup wa. | Registered: 24 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
30/378: Is your 40X in caliber 260 Remington a factory (custom shop) offering or did you re-barrel another caliber?
Also - "I" OWN a detachable box magazine Model 700 Rifle and it certainly performs well for me, in the field, and at the range!
In addition I see a fair number of them selling and in use afield, I guess I am asking - are you sure they were poor sellers?
If thats your contention, thats the first I have heard of it.
Dittoes for the Model 7 - are you sure that not many folks enjoy them?
I see them sell pretty regularly and know several Hunters who love them! One of my friends has two of them in fact!
And back to your Model 40X in 260 Remington - do you mind sharing with us how it shoots, i.e. - the best group it has shot and the normal or average group it shoots.
Beautiful thumbhole rig it is!
TIA.

Bartsche - MY MAN! Are you sure you don't want to reconsider your assessment of the 308 Winchester!
I am actually laughing as I write this response to you.
The 308 Winchester has won so many matches and competitions of all kinds it would take an encyclopedia like set of books to list them all!
I have, and have owned, many 308's and it is really an all around cartridge! Easy to make accurate and a wonderful Hunting round.
I have killed Mt. Goat (B&C qualified!), Mule Deer, Blacktailed Deer, Black Bear, Antelope, Whitetailed Deer and lots of Varmints with my 308's!
In addition I have seen Elk killed and heard of Moose coming to bag at the hands of the 308!
I still have the loading and load development notes from a Remington 700 Varmint Special in 308 caliber that I once owned. I FOOLISHLY sold that Rifle to a silouhette shooter who got wind of its accuracy and wouldn't take no for an answer!
This Rifle shot Federal factory ammunition (I shot some of it for barrel breakin and I liked the Federal brass) that I almost did not go to handloading it! The smallest 5 shot group I made with this Rifle at 100 yards measured .395"! I had a Leupold 6.5x20 on it for my "entertainment"!
Now the 308 Winchester has "spawned" a LOT of other great cartridges over the decades not the least of which is the 260 Remington!
Just ONE competition that I recall the 260 Remington (6.5/08) winning was the United States High Power Championship at Camp Perry!
Back to the 308 Winchester!
If I may quote from Sierra's Loading Manual Volume #5! "Few, if ANY, other cartridges have been so successful in such a WIDE range of shooting disciplines as the 308 Winchester"!
Back to my observations - the 308 is an EFFICIENT, ACCURATE and VERSATILE cartridge for both competition and Hunting to the extent that few if ANY other cartridges can compare!
Me thinks thou, hath misspoke there Bartsche!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
VarmintGuy:
The 40x, .260 is a factory custom shop single shot with a 27.5" barrel. Nightforce 12x-42x scope. With 139 Lapuas and 40.5gr of IMR-4350 and OAL of 2.855" it is an honest 1/4" gun if I do my part. Best 5 shot group to date is 0.093" at 100 yds. I do hunt with it from a stand with 45gr of IMR-4350 and 120gr NBTs. I want to ream it out to 6.5x284 but it shoots too good right now.

My comment about the DB Remmys is not intended to say they are poor rifles, they just do not go across the counter well. Check any of the auction sites and in most cases the DB models are discounted over their other models.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seafire/B17G:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bartsche:

Roger, Roger, Roger.....

for an astute guy, you are way in left field on that statement...

all three of mine are doing just fine.....

I personallyn think it is one of the best cartridges out there!

Since you are being totally objective animal( choke,choke) I'll have to agree that you are right. The .260 will probably live as many years as the 6.5x55 has loland enjoy more acomplishments. After all I must admit that the .260 is far more versitle & superior than the 6.5x55 or the 6.5x57 ( more choke choke).

I think you and Varmint Guy are singing from the same hymnal! Razzerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
I don't know what the numbers are for the 260 but being a 6.5 nut I think it's a great round; however, like the 338 F, it's a solution to a problem that dosen't exist. I have a feeling the at the 338 F will start to languish faster than the 260.

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VarmintGuy:
Me thinks thou, hath misspoke there Bartsche!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Me thinks that all that you spoke to be true; well almost all.

The point of miscreation comes from the perception that the .308 cartrige and the M 14 rifle were not the best combination that could have been given to our service men at the time. I think you'll find that history bares this out.

Whatever the .308 has done or can do could have been easily duplicated by a high intensity 7.5 MAS ( same case) or possibly .300 Savage, both from which came the birth of the 7.62x51.

In fact if the 7.5 were given the developemental attention given the .308 and the fire arms that used it, it would have been far superior today than the .308 on all counts. thumbroger

one of us
posted Hide Post
30378: WOW - on the shootability (accuracy!) of your 40X!
Good for you and for the 40X!
Splendid performance there!
I would not change a THING on that Rifle.
I have printed out your loads and will hopefully get a chance to try them this spring! I will begin looking for the 139 gr. LaPua's.
Not to shabby for a "bastard child" of a "MISCREATION" of a cartridge - IF you BELIEVE fellow poster "BARTSCHES" assessment of the 260/308!!!
Thanks for the comeback and I am IMPRESSED!
I am dealing on another 40XB-KS for my collection. It is a factory stock 221 Remington Fireball that belonged to a Dentist friend of mine. I have seen this Rifle shoot at the range and it is ALSO an impressive shooter!
My Dentist friend passed away more than a year ago now and his estate is slow in being disposed of!
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bartsche: I am not sure what this 7.5 cartridge you are talking about is - I have never heard of it!
So be that - I don't know everything.
But the proof is OFTEN in the pudding my man!
That 308 has performed splendidly for our troops, for our countries Target Shooters (and the worlds for that matter!) and for legions of Hunters!
I have to bring you back into the realm of real life here, Bartsche, there are NO cartridges to date that do so many things so well as the 308 Winchester!
And as far as your 7.5 being far superior to the 308 Winchester that is just absolute non-sense!
There are NO cartridges that are FAR superior to the 308! There of course are several cartridges that are better for some things than the 308 but as an all around military small arms round, an accuracy, target and competion round, and a Hunting round - there are no cartridges that are "FAR" superior to the 308 Winchester all around performance!
Period!
Your condemnation of the 308 and the 308 family of cartridges is non-sensical, erroneous, specious and unbecoming a true Rifleman!
I could NOT disagree with your contention more!
You may find it puzzling that Seafire/B17G and I take great exception to your erroneous contention - I have news for you there are millions of other Rifle enthusiasts who, I am sure, feel the same as we do!
Long live the wonderful 308 Winchester and the numerous fine cartridges it has led to.
In fact if the 7.5x308 was a superior Target round that someone would have used it to set the target world on fire! The 308 wins - the 260 wins. Hmmmm..... on the 7.5x308 - never heard of it winning a national match!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VarmintGuy:
Bartsche: I am not sure what this 7.5 cartridge you are talking about is - I have never heard of it!
So be that - I don't know everything.
thumb

Should have been more specific; French 7.5X54.from whence came, in part, the .308.

I must say , you have a beautiful style of pontification. Roll Eyesroger

One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
It’s getting so a man can’t read this thread anymore without breaking out a dictionary, a thesaurus, and a history book of “little remembered cartridges of days passedâ€. I must say I fine the conversation interesting though.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since you are being totally objective

roger,

I am not being objective..

I am being very biased, based on a lot of experience with this round....

I don't look at it as a replacement for the 6.5 x 55, but as a sister cartridge...I can load up the 6.5 x 55 a little more with heavier bullets should the need arrive...

But ballistically I can make a 260 the short action equal of a 25/06 any day, with the same bullet weights...and use less powder doing it...

It is a heck of a lot more practical cartridge than the 264 Win Mag or the 6.5 WSM or the 6.5 Rem Mag...

Think of it as a 243 or 257 Roberts, that you can load heavier more aerodynamic bullets into...I am sure you can see the benefits of that....

and by the way... have you ever loaded one and played with it, or had a barrel chambered in 260 Rem???

If you do, it might just change your mind a lot my friend....

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seafire/B17G:
quote:
Since you are being totally objective

roger,

I am not being objective..

If you do, it might just change your mind a lot my friend....

John, you make it sound as if I hate this cartridge. I do not see it as an earth shaking design but there probably isn't a cartridge in existance with which I would not have fun, including the .260, and I don't have to change my mind for that.Focusing on this one and my original statement, simply put it is dieing. What will be will be. Defending the merits of this cartridge has no bareing on its fate, I'm afraid. I take no joy in that.

It was brought out as a marketing adventure with the hope that it would catch on by riding the coat tails of the .308 and yet filing no real performance gap. It made a nice toy for some but it never caught on with the multitudes and the hoped for sales just never happened.

Now if you get some sort of whatever by ragging on me, just rag-a-way. bewilderedroger

Oh! why do folks kill those cute little ground squirrels ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger,

You know I would never rag on you.. You are a gentleman of the first order... I appreciated your hospitality when I was down in LA....

Ya know, I would never ever look twice at that French 7.35 MAS... but since I saw you enjoying running it thru its paces, I think I would give one a try given the option....

NOW to why do we shoot those little sage rats... besides it being so much fun...

Well it takes 125 sage rats about 6 weeks to strip an entire acre of alfalfa.... the average farmer or rancher can loose anywhere from 25 to 50 % or more of his entire alfalfa crop if they were left unchecked...and these things can run into the thousands on just one large field....

Farmers can produce three or four crops of alfalfa per season.....so these little buggers can destroy a lot of money's worth of crops...

I felt guilty about just killing them the first time out shooting them... however, after seeing them eat the remains of some of their buddies I just killed, and understanding they are cannabals.. well it took all the guilt out of it....

some of them are so bad, that when one explodes they come running instead of taking off for cover in their holes.....

besides, when I have been out shooting them, it is not uncommon for it to attract several bald eagles that will sit and watch and when you are shooting in another direction, will come down and start eating on the kills....

it can also attract a lot of coyotes at times.. which are also fun to eradicate...

we are just that blood thirsty out here in the boonies as opposed to all you suburbanites down in California I guess... lol

one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
I like mine a lot. (A pre-war M70 with 6 groove Lilja match barrel.) With 100 grain SVHP it is a spectacular performer on PDs. 3270 fps MV.

I also now enjoy the 7mm WSM with 100 grain SVHP.

Personal opinion is that .260 Rem fixes everything wrong with .308 Winchester.

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Roger-

Just want to tell you that I share your admiration for the 7.5.

I currently have a large number of .308s. built everywhere from the U.S., to Denmark & Germany, to South Africa. They are good, solid target rifles and hunting rifles, and I've used them on the Palma Team and in the Canadian bush, so I have nothing against the .308 either.

BUT, I find either of the 7.5s a better round for my uses when all angles are considered, and pick those chamberings over the .308 where available in a rifle of a make I want. That's either the 7.5x53.5 French, or the 7.5x54.5 Swiss (or in America, their clone, the .30/.284).

Having said that, I also observe that the .260 Remington is very popular in this neighborhood, particularly in any of the lighter versions of the Model 700 hunting rigs.

Best wishes,

AC

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope the .260 will be around forever.. It is one of my all time faves...

If it dies, it will just be another in a long list of Remingtons failures to properly support a round they CHOSE to introduce. They were the ones that took it from its wildcat days as the 6.5 Panther and turned it into the commercial .260 Rem.

Posts: 109 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WVhunter: What other cartrdiges did the folks at Remington "pull the rug out from under" or choose "not to support" like you put it?
I can think of the 5mm Remington rimfire?
They did change the name of the 7mm Express to 280 remington and the 244 Remington to 6mm Remington but they still have Rifles in those calibers and make ammo - don't they?
You can (or at least could last time I talked with the custom shop!) get a 40X in 222 Remington Magnum. Remington still makes brass for this caliber but I do not think they make loaded ammo anymore - that one may make it to your "list" but again I contend its not a very long list. Just off the top of my head I can not recall if Remington makes a Rifle anymore in caliber 6.5 Remington Magnum, I know they make ammo still and brass but Rifles I don't think so. The 350 Remington Magnum is still available in Remington Rifles as is ammo.
Especially when compared to the real LONG list of cartridges that Remington HAS developed and then introduced, and still "supports".
The 8mm Remington may be out of current Rifle production so thats 2 or 3. Can anyone add some more to this list? 25 Remington, 30 Remington naw lets not count those! That was a way different era and Hunters tastes and needs have changed since then.
Lets think about this and make the "long list" to whip Remington with a bit - if possible!
Naw... I think the Remington folks are doing a pretty good job of making the shooters, Hunters and Riflemen happy and keeping them happy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
As long as there are 308 brass and 6.5 bullets the 260 wont be dying around my camp..

I see the 260 as what the 243 should have been as a deer round, and based on that consideration as an all around cartridge as well. Fabulous cartridge.. thumb

Posts: 10152 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of exabit
posted Hide Post
IMO, any cartridge based on the 308 Win is just ingenious - plain and simple.

The 243 Win, 260 Rem, 7mm-08, 308 Win, 338 Federal, and 358 Win are all great cartridges I'd consider for my next gun...

/ Rikard

Posts: 209 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a big Remington fan myself, but I also feel as though they do not do enough to promote the cartridges that they intorduce. If Winchester & Remington introduce a cartridge at the same time. The odds are that the Winchester offering will take off & the Remington version will fade into the realm near obscurity. Why is that, are the Winchester cartridges that much better?

Posts: 527 | Location: Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bullshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 8mm Remington may be out of current Rifle production so thats 2 or 3. Can anyone add some more to this list? 25 Remington, 30 Remington naw lets not count those! That was a way different era and Hunters tastes and needs have changed since then.

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

The only one's that I can think of is the SAUM's, but please correct me if I am wrong. It seems that they were beaten in the popularity game by the WSM's. To back up what I just said, I looked at the remington website and saw that instead of chambering their rifles in SAUM's they are offering them in WSM's. Kinda funny.

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wstrnhuntr:
As long as there are 308 brass and 6.5 bullets the 260 wont be dying around my camp..

I see the 260 as what the 243 should have been as a deer round, and based on that consideration as an all around cartridge as well. Fabulous cartridge.. thumb

Just a note that on the 6BR site they announce that Winchester is going to be making .260 Rem brass and marketing through Black Hills...

It's here to stay.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bullshooter: My 2,006 Remington catalog shows both WSM's and Remingtons SAUM's being offered in a variety of Rifles.
I would not dare to guess which line of Magnums are more popular these days.
I do know Winchester ain't making ANY or either line of cartridges in any Rifles these days.
I will get to the Remington 2,007 on line catalog ASAP to see what is what in the SAUM's for the coming year.
Personally I stay away from Magnums like kids stay away from priests anymore!
I am simply afraid of them sum'bitches!
Good for Winchester on the 260 Remington brass production!
More later
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bullshooter: I went to the online 2,007 Remington Product line and they still offer a bolt action Rifle in 7mm SAUM and 300 SAUM!
Along with a bunch of offerings in WSM's.
More later
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

posted Hide Post
Lets see here. The .308 has long barrel life, target/match accuracy, effective on most North american game, it doesnt use a lot of powder, comes in a short action package, popular and easy to find ammo, economical to shoot.........it is definately a loser.

As far as a .260 rem.........I cant wait to own one. It is probably going to be my next savage barrel. It is the perfect cartridge for 600 yard shooting. It has super high BC bullets offered for it in a gun with modest recoil. Sign me up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just can't figure out why anyone would mess around with the 260 when there exists the 7mm-08!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just a note that on the 6BR site they announce that Winchester is going to be making .260 Rem brass and marketing through Black Hills...

HOOOO AHHHH as them Army Rangers say....

Now I don't have to keep necking down 7/08 Winchester brass to 260, since I usually prefer Winchester brass over Remingtons.... dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by molar1:
Just can't figure out why anyone would mess around with the 260 when there exists the 7mm-08!

For the exact same reason that, if one was married to a drop dead gorgeous blonde... that wouldn't stop him from lusting for the drop dead gorgeous redhead that lived down the street.... thumb

Besides.. why buy a 7/08, when you can own a 7 x 57 like a real man??? lol

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday Guys,

I'm with Seafire on this one. Except I will never marry another woman or commit to only one rifle. That way you can have the blonde AND the redhead or the 260 AND the 7-08.

Why self impose limits on your enjoyment though I do recommend you explain this situation to the 260 before it gets the wrong idea about the 7-08 and feels insecure.

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday Guys

Just about forgot to say you can even enjoy them both at the same time and have done this many times with the 260 and 30-06 which is really fun.

If I am feeling particulary frisky a 222 rem and a shotgun come along for the ride too.

Oooh! I am a wicked boy aren't I.

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
For the exact same reason that, if one was married to a drop dead gorgeous blonde... that wouldn't stop him from lusting for the drop dead gorgeous redhead that lived down the street....

Besides.. why buy a 7/08, when you can own a 7 x 57 like a real man???

I hear ya seafire. I just happen to like bigger calibers and smaller women Wink