New
Find
Notify
Tools

luring ground squirrels
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
what can I lure ground squirrels with? is there nuts or seeds I can buy at the supermarket? should i go to a feed store? Im not planning to lure them towards me for capture or anything I just want the in a certain spot for my evil plan. stir

One of Us
posted Hide Post
squirlgirls Big Grin

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Soft music, candlelight dinner, nice cologne, flowers, jewelry, or alfalfa?

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
Maybe a little casual flirting, some light conversation, feigning interest in their lives? I dunno; it works on other creatures...

Seriously though, they attack the birdseed block on my parents' deck mercilessly. I'd say head down to the feed store and get some birdseed; that ought to do the trick. Honestly, I could shoot 10 of them a day off the deck.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The cheapest, genaric peanutbutter you can find. Smear it directly to a log or rock, etc.

posted Hide Post
If the dancing girls and candlelights with peanut butter dinner don't work you can always start a wood or brush pile in your special spot.

Around my place any piles even dirt piles are like a magnet to digger squirrels. I know what you mean about the "certian spot".
You don't need a giant ugly pile of stuff, a pickup load of firewood or some old lumber will make a good backstop and squirrel lure.

Posts: 28 | Location: Central Point OR. USA | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to your local feed store and get a bag of barley ... not rolled... or whole oats and put out about a cupfull in a half dozen locations... it is very vizable and they will investigate if they are around.... the birds will also, but they won't eat much of it unless you have a load of starlings or grackels

faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more rifles