THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Ok you all are going to laugh but I like this

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ok you all are going to laugh but I like this
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got another rifle to hunt coyotes and deer with. Yes it is a little over kill but it does the job. I am using a 25/06. Boy does it do a number on yotes. I will be going back out tonight. If some one can tell me how I will post pics. I do have a 223 but it just does not have the range and power of the quater bore. Well it is time to go back out and get some.

Ray

Posts: 187 | Location: USMC | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I assume you're not saving the pelts.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nope. Out here in the high desert of southern cali no one wants them. I got one this evening. He was a mess. I forgot to take the safty off when he came running in. By the time I got the safty off he was at 20 yrds. Turned him inside out.

Ray

posted Hide Post
Not laughing here. I use a 25-06 and a 223. I use the 25/06 when in heavy native grass and open country and short open space out to 200 yards I use the 223. I do save the pelts so I like both. Use 87 grain spire pt on 25/06 and does a nice job.60 spire pt on the 223. Hang in there its all relative and its all fun.

Posts: 19 | Location: Kansas NE | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got to love the red mist from a coyote. It looked like a PD that had been shot with a 22-250.