New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fox or coyote???
 Login/Join

<David Quick>
posted
A couple of weeks ago, my game cam caught this nice fox among the deer pictures. Yesterday, I brought it (my game cam) home and had the second roll of film done... What do you think? The first pic is obviously the fox, but is the second one the fox again, or a coyote? I really can't tell for sure? Thanks! Dave
 -
 -

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a song dog to me.
Notice the color of the legs. Lighter than the fox.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave, that second one has to be a coyote.

R F

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I vote coyote.

Posts: 13238 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its a yote.... Longer legs, more dark color in fur... Yep,, Yoteler...

Posts: 297 | Location: Stevensville MT. | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Can you tell me little more about the equipment. I use traps for fox and badger and it would be really nice to see who walks around without entering.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
<David Quick>
posted
I'm using a Moultrie Game Cam II which I got out of the Cabela's catalog... it's also available online at www.cabelas.com Dave
 -

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
song dog
jeffe

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
If you are interested in game camera's, take a look at this link:

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/homebrew-cams.html

HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
<David Quick>
posted
Guys, I'm new to this forum and want to really thank you all for the response on this post... When you all get a chance, drop in on my page (below in my signature) and have a look around. There is something there for everyone and if any of you have an article for my little e-zine, check it out and feel free to contact me... Also, be sure to check my post on this forum under Big Game Hunting called a wonderful hunting story about the little boy with Leukemia... I know you will be touched by it as much as I have been my doing it. Thanks again. Dave  -

one of us
posted Hide Post
Second shot sure looks like a 'yote. FWIW I know another Dave Quick who runs a small gunshop in Washington State.

Posts: 327 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote