New
Find
Notify
Tools

Richards Microfit Gunstocks
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone got any of these stocks?
Im considering either the Tactical thumbhole or Tac-Driver silhouette, to fit my Kimber Varmit in 204.
If you have some photos would be great.

Thanks Murray

Posts: 28 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had one but sold it so cannot provide any pictures. They can finish up into very nice stocks but expect to have a good bit of work to do on the outside. IMO they come much rougher than many others.
Larry

Posts: 375 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
I have a Tac-Driver on my Rem 700 338 RUM, its a great fitting and comfortable stock. With the high cheekpiece you will have to modify the cheekpiece or remove the barreled action when you want to remove the bolt.This particuliar set-up also required the use of "High" rings to achieve the correct sight picture. They do come rough but with a few hours of finish time I am happy with mine.

I also have a Wildcat in Autumn Leaves on my Savage 16; I'll post pics later if you want to see what I mean...

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple pics of my 16:

IV

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for your reply's
Idahovandal all I can say is WOW!
Looks awesum - what colour is that - Black widow?

Thanks Murray

Posts: 28 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sorry reread your previous post - Autumn Leaves

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have worked with 2 Richards and about 12 or more Boyd's...

Richards is a much older company, but Boyd's has newer CNC equipment... and go together much more easily...

Richards has features or options that Boyd's does not...

I am glad both companies are in existance...

If you are good with woodworking, Richards is fine and has nice features...

If you are all thumbs, Boyd's is an easier route to go....

Boyd's also has different laminate patterns available at extra cost..... and on par with Richard's prices...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IdahoVandal: Mother of Pearl man - are you left handed???
If so that answers many questions I have had!
Naw... just given you the gears there my man!
Great looking stock on that savage!
As an aside I used to do a little back ground checking on applicants for Police Officers. It was common to give preference to "lefties" as they were proven to be better problem solvers, had MORE common sense (which is a little hard to quantify and/or test for) and for sure they on average scored 6% higher on intelligence quotient type tests than "righties".
Again great looking stock on that savage!
What caliber is it?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Avatar
posted Hide Post
I put a Richards thumbhole on a Sako Varmint a couple of years ago.

The rifle itself dropped in real easy with the minimum of work, but as others have said, the amount of external finishing required was rather substantial.
My finger were red raw from the amount of sanding required let me give ya the tip.

Posts: 408 | Location: The Valley, South Australia | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
VG: Left handed?? If only it were so simple....

I am cursed with being left eye dominant and FAR from left handed, thus as you keenly noticed in the photo, I have a lefthand stock and right hand action.

I have not the coordination required to load or operate a left handed bolt jumping

My Savage 16 is cjambered in 300WSM-- Ibought it to wildcat into a 6.5 or .257 WSM but (as with most Savages I have bought within the last 10 years) it shoots much better than I do, so I left it alone. I was never a big fan of the 300WSM but so far it has done all I have asked of it--- I have been using Reloader 19 and 168 TSX's----

Here is my 338 RUM with a LH Tac-Driver (RH action--- aka: "Renegade")

Again, don't be shocked when you receive your Richards stock-- they are ROUGH when you get them....

IV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
I put a Richards thumbhole on a Sako Varmint a couple of years ago.

The rifle itself dropped in real easy with the minimum of work, but as others have said, the amount of external finishing required was rather substantial.
My finger were red raw from the amount of sanding required let me give ya the tip.

I don't like those scope rings you chose.. too high for my liking...

But that stock on that Sako is just plain beautiful.. very nice job.. my compliments!!!

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Avatar
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't like those scope rings you chose.. too high for my liking...

But that stock on that Sako is just plain beautiful.. very nice job.. my compliments!!!

Thanks!
The mounts....yeah, I know.
At the time it was all I had lying around and I wus just dying to shoot it so that's what it ended up with. One day...
They're actually all steel Hillver mounts with an old (20+ yrs) Japanese Trashco scope which has some really nice optics.
Only a stock barrel on it (I re-crowned it though) and it shoots far far better than I can.
P94 Sako's are a nice thing for sure.

You'll notice it's a LH thumbhole BTW

Posts: 408 | Location: The Valley, South Australia | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote