New
Find
Notify
Tools

A place for a p-dog shoot
 Login/Join

<Sendaro>
posted
There are three of us that are looking for a place to shoot p-dogs in 2003. I have many years ago shoot them in Kansas, and Wyoming. Are there any hot spots left, or has everything gone to the tree huggers and the folks that want to charge you to shoot on their land? Any advise that you may have will be a help with setting up our trip. Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Have looked at Fort Belknap Indian Res. up here in North Central MT? Endless pd shooting. Call my friend Jim Wiegand at 406-658-2129. He's a tribal indian guide and charges $100 per day and your license is about the same. I doubt there is anywhere that can match this place.

Posts: 373 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I grew up in SW Kansas and most of the spots around there have been poisioned. [Frown] I've heard of populations in NW Kansas and E Colorado, but I haven't had the opportunity to check them out myself. I wish I had better news but that is what I know about pararie dog populations.

Posts: 391 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I noticed some good looking hills near Green River Ut. that looked like it had some dog towns on them.

On the subject of Jim Wiegland is guid hunting he does allot of. I would like to go to MT and do some p-dog hunting and want to know if he is the guy to contact?

Posts: 201 | Location: Loomis, Ca | Registered: 26 September 2002Reply With Quote