THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    QD scope mount on Browning auto .22?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

QD scope mount on Browning auto .22?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi everybody. I have an old Browning auto .22 rifle that is freat for taking along in the back-pack. Anybody know if I can get Quick Detachable scope mounts for this little rig?

Posts: 149 | Location: Norway | Registered: 07 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Howdy.

You can do this job with a fair bit of finesse. I used the Weaver brand Browning Auto-22 rail (base)that attaches to the barrel plus any of several detachable Weaver-style rings...my present favorite is the Leupold QRW style. Bad news is that you lose your open sights...gotta take the rear sight off. I think several makers have the Browning Auto-22 sight base. The older Redfield also is bridge style but for regular 3/8" "22 LR" rings.

Regards

Roger

Roger

Posts: 24 | Location: So Cal | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
A set of barrel mounted QD Talley rings and bases with a flip up peep site and a LER Burris or Leupold would be pretty neat. Pricey, but neat.