New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester rifles in WSSM?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The WSSM have finally arrived in Italy and my dealer has just ordered some rifles.
For the moment he spoke of the coyote, but hopefully the Stealth will come out here too. I suppose it would be good to have the 26" barrel on one of these if possible...

I am tickeled by the idea of one of these, most likely in .243WSSM, as I am trying to get a 22PPC on the way which I would prefer over the .223WSSM, personally.

What can people here tell me about this rifle(s)?

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brian_F,

I am really thinking about building up one. If I find an action suitable for the .257 WSM you can bet that Shilen will be sending me a barrel for it. I would just like to see Winchester legalize it instead of it having to be a wildcat cartridge. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Lawdog Gary:: If you really want a 257WSM I can put you in
touch with the smith that built mine. It shoots .550" groups with 115gr Nosler Partitions at 3300fps and .500" groups with 85-87 gr bullets at 3600 fps.

Posts: 5 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 16 February 2004Reply With Quote