New
Find
Notify
Tools

TX Pig Killin...From Chopper!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I watched Ted Nugent on a pig killing (they weren't hunting...) trip in Texas, something like 293 pigs killed in 7 hrs! Full auto AR-15's from a helo whackin pigs, I gotta have me some of that!! Anybody have ideas on who to contact? My google-fu hasn't been working so well lately.

Posts: 385 | Location: Brunswick, GA | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
Vertex Helicopters
8888 W. Monroe Rd.
Houston, TX 77061

Tel: 281-616-5095
Toll Free: 888-352-2602

h ttp://www.helicopterhuntingsafety.com
email: info@vertexhelicopters.com

Cost: $475/hr with a 3 hour minimum
*price doesn't include ammunition at $35/100 rounds or bring your own.

Cedar Ridge Aviation
P.O. Box 37
Knox City, TX 79529

Tel: 325-201-1127

h ttp://www.cedarridgeaviation.com
email: Cedarridgeaviation@gmail.com

Cost: $1350 per person. Includes 1 night at lodge, 3 meals, drinks and 2 hour flight. Each additional hour is $600. Can also add a night vision hunt for $250 per person.

There is no limit on hogs.

Bring your own ammo or purchase at the lodge.

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted Hide Post
The boys from Cedar Ridge Aviation will be at the DSC show in booths C431/433. I believe they are booked solid until September 2013 at this point.

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
ConfusedDoes anyone besides me have a little trouble with this thread? bewildered roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to buy some of that ammunition for $35 / 100 please..........r in w.

Posts: 557 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington | Registered: 26 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger, Yes indeed, it bothered me. I was raised to not kill anything that would not be eaten (except declared varmints)and the principle of "fair chase" was mandatory unless hunting to survive. Guess that's old fashioned and the term "sportsman" is obsolete.

NRA Patron Member

Posts: 404 | Location: Troy Michigan | Registered: 14 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
ConfusedDoes anyone besides me have a little trouble with this thread? bewildered roger

Not me. Seems like the people that don't have to recover from damage by these bastards are the ones that have trouble with it, I discovered the same issues when shooting prairie dogs. The ranchers want them gone because they destroy their property but everybody else thinks they're cute furry little animals.

Wild hogs are very destructive machines, they're not cute little loveable animals that sit around waiting to be petted and hugged. I won't get into a debate over ethics in this thread so if you don't like the subject move on to the next one. If you want to debate the ethics issue about this subject start another thread, don't shit on this one.

Posts: 385 | Location: Brunswick, GA | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of f224
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kend:
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:

Not me. Seems like the people that don't have to recover from damage by these bastards are the ones that have trouble with it, I discovered the same issues when shooting prairie dogs. The ranchers want them gone because they destroy their property but everybody else thinks they're cute furry little animals.

Wild hogs are very destructive machines, they're not cute little loveable animals that sit around waiting to be petted and hugged. I won't get into a debate over ethics in this thread so if you don't like the subject move on to the next one. If you want to debate the ethics issue about this subject start another thread, don't shit on this one.

Dittos, these things are destructive and invasive pests. Anyone who understands the problem will agree to kill them all.

Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com

Posts: 840 | Location: Dallas, Iowa, USA | Registered: 05 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks fun but I think I'll have to pass, because I don't think I could take enough Dramamine to keep my breakfast down while chaseing pigs with a heli.

one of us
posted Hide Post
As the first line says- pig killing- not pig hunting. This is an attempt to reduce an out of control growth in population, a culling of excessive animals. Am I interested- NO, would I like to help the cause in a more conventional way, Yes. Let me hunt on your property for free and I will shoot as many of your problem animals as I can. In the case of these hogs, they should be hauled to a processing plant and the meat donated to food programs. The Federal government could pay for the cost of processing with money from the excise tax they collect on ammo and guns etc.

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote