Find
Notify
Tools

That remote had me.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted
While I have used my home built E caller for 6 or 7 years now with good results and was very cost reasonable and free sounds went on the MP3 player easy too.
But the idea or being able to place the speaker 300 yards away just kept saying Al you really need this feature.
• 300 yard remote control range. No line of sight required!
Throw in the fact you can also use the remote to works a decoy and WOW
Al you really really need this caller.

Only comes with 24 sounds but is less than $130.00 thru many on line suppliers. But If you want more sounds just buy more and bigger SD cards and use wav or MP3 file down loadable sounds to increase the number of sounds.

Standard size SD card, up to 32 GB.
• Plays .mp3 and .wav files up to 16 bit rate Thing also has great reviews.

So this in my Valentine's present to my self.

OH the speaker in my home made call will plug into it too if I want additional volume.
One of the things I see new coyote hunters do is use to much volume to start out.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got me too,got 1 on the way!

Posts: 251 | Location: w mt | Registered: 12 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
My friend Eric calls Sunday afternoon and was wanting me to join him Monday morning on one of the farms we coyote hunt on.
I met him in the drive way to the silos we were told to use and not be in the way. We have hunted this farm several time before and is I think the 5th farmer to call us to get rid of the coyotes had gotten so bold they were coming into his feed lot during the day. We decided we would set up on a hill about 300 yards from the feed lot over looking a grassy swale. There is a fence line running north south on top of the hill and a corner where one goes east and west. It ranged out to 182 yards from the hill top to the edge of the grassy swale.
Eric says for me to walk my call down the east west fence line about 100 yards where I set it in a clump of bushes in a stone pile.
Go back up the hill join Eric who indicated I should set to his left about 3 feet away and watch the far north side of the swale. Start the call going with a Female coyote sounding a bit horny I think.
Was about to call it a set and pack up when a coyote peeks out of the grassy edge to quickly be joined by another and then 2 more. I toss a small stick at Eric so he looks and sees them. He indicated I should take the first two and he would take the last two. Well my220 swift spoke and the first coyote does a couple spins and collapses, I can not see the second coyote in my scope and I heard Eric's Cheetah bark the second time. I never did find that second coyote Eric said later it had spun and ran back into the grassy swale.
Eric had shot the last one then swung to the third one and got both. His 742 works real nice for collecting doubles.

All 3 were females about 40 to 45 pounds one was really old with broken teeth and badly stained. this warm weather has the hides looking awful and tom won't take them even if we skinned them and sew the holes up so we drag them off into the swale food for other critters. We walk back to the trucks and Eric asked what all sounds are on my new caller. When I tell him there are a couple of crow sounds one a crow owl confertation and a crow in distress he says we should try them since we had seen a couple crows fly over. We walk into another field that had been a corn field and set up in the fence line under some bushes with the call about 50 yards away. Bet it wasn't 10 minutes and we had around 10 crows flying around making a racket looking for that owl and the other crows. By the time we shut the call off there were probably between 25 and 30 crows flying around. What would we have given for a shot gun

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote