New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W 647 17HMR
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just returned from Ennis our wonderful gunshop in the middle of no where with a like new 647 with a single action trigger to die for.It is dark so I will have to wait until morning to see how it performs.w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gophershooter: I was just in there several days ago and saw those S&W Model 647's. If I recall correctly he had 2 new ones and a used one!
I bought one (well it actually turned out to be three of them - long story there!) of these a couple years back and it is a Gopher getting machine! I have also shot some Jack Rabbits and a couple other types of Varmints with it.
Mine likes the Remington ammunition real well.
I have a 4 power Redfield silver scope on mine and it shoots like a house on fire!
It easily could use MUCH more scope power and I need to get that done this winter!
I bought a "Hunter" brand name pistol "rug" or zippered case for mine and I put a drawstring bag of ammo inside that with it and I am set to go just that quick!
Be careful, VERY careful, not to hold your off hand over the scope (if you add one!) when firing it - because my 647's had a very painful amount of "blow-by" that would burn my wrist area and palm when I fired it without a glove on that off hand!
Best of luck with your new pistol!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote