THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Utah coyote bounty upped to $50

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Utah coyote bounty upped to $50
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, and I live at Ground Zero. I'm making a career change to dog killer.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Shooter973
posted Hide Post
Where do you cash in the coyote for the money??? Confused

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posts: 347 | Location: Ogden, Utah (Home of John M. Browning) | Registered: 08 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's figured out yet. Bounties were previously controlled by the counties and they were all different. I haven't heard yet, but will find out.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can you skin them and sell the fur to or do you have to turn in the whole critter?

Posts: 369 | Location: Adirondacks | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
Great news, I've got a son in Utah who is a trapper.

I know he will also question if the owner gets to keep the fur.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
Any new info?

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can you skin them and sell the fur to or do you have to turn in the whole critter?

When we had bounty in Wis you had to turn in the ears.

Posts: 19428 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Around these parts, coyote are just now getting into some areas in their slow but steady spread. What do you want to bet that coyote are traveling to Washington D.C. In order to protest this bounty program and others of their ilk?
In all seriousness, I just can't imagine what it must be like to have so many coyote that you can actually get paid to hunt them! Talk about a target rich environment! ...and how many of us would sacrifice various parts of our anatomy to get paid for hunting! I know I would.
Just for fun, let's do a little math. ( math fun? Yeah right! )
If the Utah bounty for coyote is $50 a head and Bob hunts 3 days a week: how many coyote must he kill each day to pay his bills; allowing for a 10% cost of living increase every 3 years? How much of his income must Bob contribute to his 401K in order for the government to get all his money by the time he retires?
Please don't answer that one and instead consider what's the chances of pulling off a hunting trip where one can claim enough coyote cash to pay for his trip...providing he must travel to Utah from Eastern Kentucky? Now that one I would see some numbers on! I would like to try it out for myself.
You lucky dogs!

Posts: 62 | Location: The mountains of east Kentucky | Registered: 21 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
back in 2000 Toole County (west of SLC) had a $25.00 bounty on coyote. The stipulations were that you had to be from that county and had to turn in the set of ears to collect. My friend lived out there so every dog we shot we gave him the ears and he would collect for us.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote