Notify
Tools

Varmint Shooting Platforms?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/mustanggreg66/200...%20Tony/IMG_5117.jpg

That can't be authentic California varmint shooting!!!

Where are the mandatory cup holders??

where is the shooter's glass of Napa Wine while he is waiting for a varmint to pop up???

and don't real Californians do this sort of thing off of a vehicle less generic than a Toyota???

But the picture does look more like the real Californians we see up this way... getting ready to shoot his back window and the left side window out on his truck, while he aims at the varmint...

Also camo'ed from head to toe, then riding in the back of a pickup.. that is sort of a 'Californian' type of thing to do also....
" just like in the Movies!... Rambo on a Varmint Hunt.. San Fran style!"

( just funnin' with ya there Mustang, and welcome to the forums!)

cheers
seafire
beer

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seafire/B17G:
quote:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/mustanggreg66/200...%20Tony/IMG_5117.jpg

That can't be authentic California varmint shooting!!!

Where are the mandatory cup holders??

where is the shooter's glass of Napa Wine while he is waiting for a varmint to pop up???

and don't real Californians do this sort of thing off of a vehicle less generic than a Toyota???

But the picture does look more like the real Californians we see up this way... getting ready to shoot his back window and the left side window out on his truck, while he aims at the varmint...

Also camo'ed from head to toe, then riding in the back of a pickup.. that is sort of a 'Californian' type of thing to do also....
" just like in the Movies!... Rambo on a Varmint Hunt.. San Fran style!"

( just funnin' with ya there Mustang, and welcome to the forums!)

cheers
seafire
beer

Ah, thats what I was missing, cupholders, I knew I missed something.

Yea, this was the first time my buddy had gone with us with his truck, usually we just walk tree to tree and pop squirrels as we go along, hence the big boots and camo, them camo pants got pockets for everything.

Yea, didn't come close to shootin out any windows, but some of the spent shells from the 10/22 ended up flyin through that back window into the cab 2020

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yea, didn't come close to shootin out any windows, but some of the spent shells from the 10/22 ended up flyin through that back window into the cab

No officer, we weren't out poaching deer last night....

Oh those empty 22 cases all over the floor back there.. well let me explain that... lol

( don't worry, we have that happen to us up here in Orygun also!)

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea... we thought about that after we'd gotten back. I've heard its not legal to hunt from a truck, but does that count if it's on private property? If it's parked and engine off? I guess I'll have to look up the law for our next trip bewildered

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MustangGreg66:
Yea... we thought about that after we'd gotten back. I've heard its not legal to hunt from a truck, but does that count if it's on private property? If it's parked and engine off? I guess I'll have to look up the law for our next trip bewildered

Gregg.

I don't think you will find too many cops who will be giving you crap on private property anyway...espeically when it is just shooting varmints....

If a cop asks why you have 22 cases all over the floor, tell them a bucket of them tipped over and you haven't picked them all up yet...

what can he say???