New
Find
Notify
Tools

223 or 22-250
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
calgarychef1, Seems to me your question is not so much caliber technical but more like time management. First thing is to set priorities. Then arrange for unlimited supply of money. Those are the two key ingredients. Now some guys get to be born rich, that solves most of the playtime problems. But if you failed to do that then marrying a rich woman might just work. Jeeze, wish I'd thunk of this stuff when I was younger and smarter, eh?

NRA Life Endowment Member

Posts: 420 | Location: Troy, Michigan | Registered: 21 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I too, have both, but I love my 22-250! Teancum: Interesting name. I'll bet I know where that name comes from!

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I too, have both, but I love my 22-250! Teancum: Interesting name. I'll bet I know where that name comes from!

I bet you do. Seems like he was a pretty good military leader a long time ago. I heard he was also good with a javelin!!!! At least that what the book said that I read.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brando
posted Hide Post
Im going to be the devils advocate here...

Get a .204, Big Grin

The Remington 700 SPS should do nicely, topped with a Mueller Eradicator scope and you could eaily take head shots out to 300 if you wanted too. 500 wouldnt be out of the question as long as the wind isnt howling. Use the Hornady 40gr. factory ammo...

Posts: 468 | Location: Goldsboro, NC. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Very accurate with the javelin. Right through the heart as I recall. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the .222,.223, and .222Mag.If I lived out west in open country then perhaps the .204 and 22-250 would have more appeal but here in the NE the others are definitely the better choices.

Posts: 369 | Location: Adirondacks | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote