Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Need a Scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Born to Hunt
posted
I would do that, but I'd really like to have a scope with the adjustable parallax dial. I looked through one this past weekend at a shooting supply store and could not believe it. I turned the scope to 25x and looked at a street sign less than 75 yards away. Of course, it was so blown up that the image was a blurr. I turned the parallax dial and focused the image like a fine camera. Now, I realize that I don't need 25x in many hunting situations, but I'm thinking that a scope with this capability would be really useful when testing loads / rifles for accuracy. Imaging holding precisely on a speck at 100, 200, or whatever distance you're shooting.

I know that Nikon makes a similar scope that goes up to 12x, but I'd like to have one with more magnification. I wondered if other companies make a similar scope.

Posts: 336 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 03 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Ebay for a used Leupold, there are lots of them on there. Their warranty stands no matter where you bought it.

Posts: 1295 | Location: 3rd Planet from the Sun | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
The focus adjustment's a rotating sleeve near the eyepice end of the scope. The parallax disturbs the focus, but isn't intended for adjusting the focus. It puts the reticle in the same optical plane as the target at varying distances (hopefully somewhat correlated with the distance shown on the adjustable objective's sleeve) so that small movements of your eye off the axis of the scope won't move the reticle's apparent position on the target. When you adjust the parallax, the target will go out of focus and you refocus it with the focus adjustment in the ocular end of the scope to see clearly.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote