New
Find
Notify
Tools

not surprising
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
on our pd shoot recently I was mostly shooting single shots, while my son after running out of 222 ammo for his 40xbr,grabbed an ar. At the end of the day we figured that he had gone thru about 25% more ammo with the ar than with his 40x with not a whole lot more kills

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll bet my dad was thinking the same thoughts 45 years ago when he bought me a ruger 10/22. Maybe not a lot more hits, but a whole lot more fun. No comparison to my old Ithica lever action single shot.

Posts: 217 | Location: SW of Dodge City | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I pulled the rug out from under a grandson. He was just popping caps without giving a damn whether they hit anything or not. Just burning up my ammo all he could.
On the way home that night I told him "From now on you'll have to furnish your own ammo". Didn't tell him why. The next few times he shot about 150rnds instead of more than 400. Wasn't long til he "have to stop going, can't afford the ammo". Ahh ha! Makes a big difference as to who is furnishing things.

Fun times in the p/d fields.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I put a single shot sled in one of my ARs for my middle daughter when we were out shooting ground squirrels. I'll bet that her hit percentage went up by at least 50%.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Sounds very familiar George! tu2