THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    30gr. Calhoon in the 22 Hornet?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

30gr. Calhoon in the 22 Hornet?
 Login/Join

posted
Just curious, has anyone tried the 30gr.Calhoon in their 22 Hornet?

I have been using them on ground squirrels for two years now and would find it hard to go with something else. I use Rem cases, as I cant get 14.2grs of W296 in a WW case. I use CCI 500 small pistol primers and with the 30gr. Im getting right at 3400fps. My accuracy holds right around .656 I shoot a CZ 527.

Short Range

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Short Range, I have been shooting the double HP in 46 grain weight and love the accuracy with AA 1680 and get about 2700 ft/sec's. The little 35 grain Hornady goes a mite quicker but hell I got a 223 for those shots. I am not urprised by your accuracy though as the hornet in a good rifle will shoot very wel indeed. Good hunting.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote