Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

successful calls for red fox?
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone had decent success with any particular sound calling in a red fox?
Red fox just showed up in our area about five or six years ago & it didn't take them long to set up a pretty healthy population. On two seperate occasions this winter on two different critters, I've stalked into a position where I could see them but was still too far for a shot that I was comfortable with. So I lip squeaked a small rodent sound that has worked many times on close in coyotes. On both occasions, the fox I was looking at (both were curled up sunning on the mound of their hole in the first hour or two of daylight)jumped up & ran down the hole.
My best luck on the little critters has actually been to spot them while they're sunning & put the sneak on them in camo until I get close enough to shoot them where they are. But hey, they're a meat eating predator! There's gotta be some kind of sound that they like.

Posts: 5 | Location: Nebraska, USA | Registered: 08 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Might I respectfully suggest that you find a different board name? I have been "GonHuntin" on this board and several others for many years and having two of us with a handle that close to the same is going to get confusing!

Thanks!

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote