THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Factory bullet selection for a 22-250?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Factory bullet selection for a 22-250?
 Login/Join

posted
I found a Rem. 788 22-250 at a gun shop here locally, and it was wearing a slick Redfield 4-12 AO scope. I couldn't pass it up. I've always been a sucker for the model 788's. What factory loads have you guys had the most luck with? I know I'll probably have to try several before I find one that performs best in this rifle, but I was hoping to get some ideas on where to start.

BTW, I called in and put the smack down on a mangy coyote last Friday. I called him to 10 yards before I saw him, then put him down at about a hundred yards with the 7 Mag. I love shooting the 7 Mag, but it sure does chew 'em up bad.

Jerrod

Posts: 16 | Location: SW Oklahoma | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jerrod, I would try the winchester varmit loade in the white box at wallmart their like $16.00-$18.00 for a box of 40. If they work it will be your cheapest root. I could make them only shoot fair in my gun but sum say they shoot well. If you are looking to make it a real shooter you will want to reload for it.

Posts: 132 | Location: western New York | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
There is a nice article on varmint rifles in this month's Outdoor Life. They test around 7 or 8 factory loads in 22-250.