Find
Notify
Tools

scope mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
Roll EyesDoes the Savage 12vss take the same scope mounts as the mods. 110,112 and 116? The Savage web site does not have the answer but I know you do. bewilderedroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only difference in Savage mounts that you have to worry about is pre-Accutrigger vs. post-Accutrigger. The pre's actions are rounded in the front and flatter in the back. The post's are round front and back and actually take two of the same exact mount (if you're using a two-piece). Otherwise, the mounts are the same regardless of model number.

Tim

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Posts: 136 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland--Hah! | Registered: 19 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know for sure, but given that the 12 is a short action and the 112, 110, and 116 are long actions, it would seem the mounts would be different in the case of one-piece mounts.

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tmoore4627:
The only difference in Savage mounts that you have to worry about is pre-Accutrigger vs. post-Accutrigger. pre's actions are rounded in the front and flatter in the back. The post's are round front and back and actually take two of the same exact mount (if you're using a two-piece).Otherwise, the mounts are the same regardless of model number.

Nope, yep and nope.
quote:
Originally posted by MarkL:
I don't know for sure, but given that the 12 is a short action and the 112, 110, and 116 are long actions, it would seem the mounts would be different in the case of one-piece mounts.

Yep.
10 through 16 are short action,
110 through 116 are long action.
Easy to remember.
pre's actions are rounded in the front and flatter in the back. The post's are round front and back and actually take two of the same exact mount (if you're using a two-piece).
Yep.

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only difference in Savage mounts that you have to worry about is pre-Accutrigger vs. post-Accutrigger. The pre's actions are rounded in the front and flatter in the back. The post's are round front and back and actually take two of the same exact mount (if you're using a two-piece). Otherwise, the mounts are the same regardless of model number.

Thanks ,Tim

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:

The long actions and the short actions do not take the same one-piece mounts.

At least not the ones I've seen and by the Leupold Catalog...

Accu-Trigger models are "rounded" receiver models.
Pre-Accu-Trigger models are "square" receiver models.

Short action and long action models are still different, unless you are using a "picatinny style" (tactical) mount that is drilled for both.

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
beerbought two piece; thanks guys lolroger

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
Let me know how it shoots.