THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    What is the most amazing shot you have seen?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the most amazing shot you have seen?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to relay the most amazing shot I have ever seen. My younger brother was also with us as a shooter and a witness.

First off it was made by a member of the forum who is no longer with us (CZECHTECH). He was killed in an auto accident Aug 17, 2005.

One day we were out looking for some crows to obliderate with our rifles..always fun... And we stopped in a field for refreshments after not seeing much to shoot with the wind a blowing like it was.. As we were sitting there a crow just happened to land in the top of a tree about 200-225 yards away. Not that the distance mattered considering the freaking wind was gusting something fierce... My buddy got his rifle out and was resting it on some sandbags on the hood watching this crow sway back and forth on the branch. I was thinking to myself (damn that would be one hell of a shot)!!! So I asked if he was going to shoot... He said no and laughed!!! I chuckled to myself because I always knew he was one who couldn't turn down a challenge...As I watched this crow move back and forth (I am guessing 2-3 feet) in the tree top. I said If you could hit that crow that would be the shot of the decade.... He said, what the hell it is only one shot. He went back to watching the crow through his rifle. After a few breif moments he fired... That crow exploded,came out of the tree in three different directions. I almost fell over. I put my rifle up at that point....I never thought he would hit it... His weapon of choice that day was his 25-06AI... I doubt I will ever see a shot like that again.

I had to relay this story because he was a great friend and long time hunting buddy of me and my younger brother. We miss him everytime we even think about shooting.

Heres to CHECHTECH!!! beer

Make every shot count!!!

Make every shot Count!!!

Posts: 94 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nobody would believe me

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Juggernaut76
posted Hide Post
I once killed a blue jay @ 70 yds with a one-handed, of hand shot form an iron sighted Kimber 1911 .45 ACP.
I kinda felt like an A-hole, if I would have thought I could connect, I never would have shot.

Praise be to the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Posts: 427 | Location: Clarkston, MI | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I once dumped a crow on the wing at 40 yds with a 22 pistol on the second shot. Yes, it was witnessed. And no, I haven't done it since.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
I've made a couple shots that made for conversation, but I witnessed two that stick in my head.

My Dad and I were calling when I was quite young. A coyote came in and even though it was basically on my side I couldn't get a shot. It made us and took off running. My dad fired several times at it and it just seemed to go faster with each one. When it got out to about 250 yards he bowled it over. When we got out to it we found he had put it through the neck. Lucky no doubt, as he doesn't do it often.

The other one was a bird on the wing with a mini-14. That shot was made by a guy who is now in LE! Funny how things change. Big Grin Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
It was a long time ago and a friend/mentor who was a Outstanding American Handgunner award nominee, myself and another friend were hunting out of then Chimo in the artic. Hadn't seen a caribou for days and the Outfitter Bobby Snowball wanted to pot a few ducks. There were no shotguns handy, and the ducks were several hundred yards away. Shots began to fire and the ducks took off for quieter areas. The last two were slapping water to gain altitude at about 500 to 550 yards when two hunters sitting side by side fired nearly simultaneously. Both ducks exploded in midair. I couldn't believe my eyes, but I know what I saw... An amazing feat.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you shoot a lot, I have had some amazing shots come my way.. which I chalk more up to dumb luck that shooting skill.... but what the hey!

The one that comes to mind which was in the last year.....

At our rifle range, it is open, up a slight grade out to about 850 yds.. targets end at 600 meters...
It is on a mountainside... at times I have seen Elk wander out at the 700 to 850 yards and actually bed down.. in broad day light.... Watched them do it once when they were having a pistol/silohuette match... must have been 40 guys over there, and the elk wandered out and bedded down... 25 or so of them.. and those guys were so intent on their match, they never ever noticed the elk, until I walked over and pointed it out to the range master.... then they had to stop their match.. they waited for half an hour and the elk never moved, so someone walked up toward them.. when he hit the 400 yd mark or so.. they got up and left finally so they could continue the match.....

They also have a rock out there, about the size of a chair or 2 drawer file cabinet... at 725 yds.... I like to take a few shots at it, here and there, especially when I have a few rounds left... I know exactly what elevation to hold at.. and it is far enough out that you can see the dust fly off of it, after you have made the shot....

One day I dialed the scope in and shot it about 4 or 5 times.... I had two shots left, and was getting ready to pull the trigger, when a coyote came waltzing out of the brush up there, and was casually walking across the opening... right at the same distance as the rock was....So I was dialed perfectly in....

I put the cross hairs just in front of his nose and pulled the trigger.... at the shot, he started turning around and biting his rear haunches... he finally flopped over and was kicking..... so I let the last round fly, and he spun in the air, and went down and laid still....

I don't consider this such a great shot.... it was pure luck on my end, that the target waltzed into where I had the scope dialed into...

The coyote had to be the most unlucky Coyote since Wiley Coyote........

cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
It was a pure accident, but I took credit for it. A sage rat was running straight away from us on an abandoned gravel road. He got about 30 yards away and I took a snap shot with a borrowed 10/22 with factory iron sights. The sage rat rolled about four times and quit moving. Close inspection showed I hit him dead center in the back
of the head. My buddies often retell the tale and I keep my mouth shut and just absorb the praise.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most shots I have seen that I considered amazing are lucky...The ones that are repeated I do not considered lucky.

Great tales about amazing shots everyone!!!

beer

Make every shot Count!!!

Posts: 94 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
My Cousin and I were quail hunting I had my Browning A5 he had a FIE 12ga single shot. A quail got up from under his feet he shot the quail exploded there was nothing but feathers. I asked him to let the quail fly a bit farther so I might get a shot also. I told him he was lucky and he probably never could do it again but he did several times. We took home several quail that day many of which were well ventilated.

The best shot I did was while deer hunting. My friend and I had scopes on our hunting rifles. His was a Remington 270 & mine was a Remington 30-06. At the time I believed that I needed an 180gr bullet to kill a deer. One of the guys we went hunting with told us that the scopes would prove to be a problem and we should stay in the open for a longer shot. I heard several shots fired from the group so we decided to walk over to one of the guys that had climbed into a tree stand. He told us that his rifle would not fire and there was a nice fat doe that had walked past him. After hearing several more shots fired and no deer being harvested we were almost to the end of our walk. My friend hollered there is a deer coming your way. I turned to look and seen a big doe standing and looking back at me. I raised the 30-06 aimed at the does head fired and hit her in the left eye. She dropped instantly some of the guys said it is only a doe but others congratulated me on my first deer kill. It may not have been far but it was one heck of a shot and my first deer.

Years later I was hunting with my father and friends. I was walking the edge of a field and one of my Buddies was walking in weeds over his head trying to push a deer out so I could get a shot. It worked the deer came busting out ran about 5 to 10 feet seen me turned around to get back in the tall weeds. All I could see was hair in my 3 x 9 Leupold scope. I had forgot and left it on 9 power. I shot at the deer which was about 5 feet in front of me the deer dropped after being hit in the spine with a 150gr Hornady Soft Point. My father witnessed the shot and said he wouldn’t have believed it if he hadn’t seen the shot himself.

I shot a crow flying over head with an S&W K22. My cousin still talks about it today.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
I forgot the unintentional one... Was clearing squirrels off the front lawn by shooting behind them and asking them to leave. Using the Browning Challenger and firing from the hip at distances to 70 yards or so. About the 15th squirrel I must have lost control on the 4th or 5th shot and some how put one thru the shoulders... Oops.
Wink

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
years back i was working at a local gunshop i guy came in and traded a mint 220 swift in a model 700 remington, for a trap shotgun so i called my friend and he came over and bought said rifle. a week later i went out to his place and we did some target shooting,after we were done there were a bunch of crows in a big dead tree squaking like they always do, jokeing i told him take a shot he said ok and layed on the ground and setteled in for the shot, after 2 or 3 minutes he got up, moved to a different spot and did the same thing again, the crows were safe or so they thought!!!range was ,about 465 yards so he moved his third time, i was wondering ifin he was going to shot at all by this time,he finally got settled and told me ''i''m lineing up two crows for the shot, BOOM cracked his swift and the flock of crows took flight,one crow was about 10 to 15 feet above the tree when it fell to the ground,the other fell at the left side of the tree base, 2 for 1 boy''s that was ausome, his bullet was a 50 grain speer tnt,handloaded,regards to all, jjmp

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hit a running coyote at about 300 yds with an iron-sighted super blackhawk. I wish I could say it was skill, but the B.S. meter would peg if I did that. bull

One of Us
Picture of f224
posted Hide Post
Best shot I have ever seen, was by FlynShoot, 65 yards, iron sighted S&W M19, 2.5" barrel. He head shot a prairie dog about two-three seconds after the gun cleared the leather. I have seen him do similar shots with handguns, it was not just luck.

My best shot was a 630yard, cold bore shot on a prairie dog, in front of two people with a 25/06, pale in comparsion.

Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com

Posts: 840 | Location: Dallas, Iowa, USA | Registered: 05 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I did a fly-in fishing trip in southern Alaska with some friends and in the middle of the lake there was a styrafoam float about the size of a football. (Used by the float planes to line up landings) We were sitting on the porch of the cabin about 300 yards from float and one of my friends asked me to shoot it with my 44 mag Super Blackhawk.

I put the base of the front sight even with the rear notch and put the float on top of the blade and squeezed off the round. Everyone started laughing when the float bobbed up and down and pushed up a small wave in the water.

I just put the gun away and didn't even think about trying another one.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12580 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
The two best shots I ever witnessed were both performed by my dad.
The first was a day my brother, my dad and I were shooting at a makeshift range in the woods behind the Springfield Country Club where you can shoot targets off of logs “accidentally†placed at 100, 150 and about 185 yards.

We had multiple milk jugs sitting on the logs at various ranges and the fun was calling the shots for the other guys to shoot. There was one milk jug left on the 100 yard log when my dad picked up my Beretta 21A in 22LR and said, “I’ll hit that last milk jug.â€

My brother and I were both telling him that he’d been in the sun too long when he pulled the trigger. Bark flew right at the foot of the milk jug. We called it low 4†and he shot again. Nothing. I said “ha, you missed.†Dad said, “lets go look.†When we got to the jug there was a small stream “peeing†right out of the middle of the jug. The bullet didn’t even have enough power to penetrate the jug

My dad said nothing, he just smiled.

The second happened while hunting a very thick (Pacific NW, go figger) patch of woods. Due to my dad’s arthritis, we let him hang out on the road below, because that was the path of least resistance for deer to get away and there was a good chance to see some action there.

My brother, cousin and I were pushing a section quite a ways above when we jumped a medium sized doe. We radioed dad that one was coming his way and to be ready. He said go and we pushed her his way. I heard one shot (6†Dan Wesson 357, 180g Winchester NP) and dad radioed back that he’d shot her in mid air. I said, “yeah right, dad.â€

When we got to his position there were tracks on our side of the two-lane forest road, and then deep impact tracks on the other side where she jumped the road. Right in the middle was a blood spray pattern from his shot. When we got to the deer there was one hole clear through both lungs.

Dad just smiled. thumb

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I watched my uncle take two groundhog with a single shot.

Not sure what he was using but he was aiming for one critter, took the shot, then either the bullet or bone fragments killed the second one right behind it.

We were stunned to say the least, considering whistle pigs are very solitary animals.

If you have to track your animal, you aren't using a big enuff gun.

Posts: 31 | Location: Brookville, PA | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I practice at long range a lot. One time I got to where I practice and the wind was howling like a banshee. I thought, "There is no way I am going to hit the 700 yard target, but what the hell." I dialed in 30 clicks of windage (that is 52.5 inches, or 4 feet, 4 1/2 inches) and hit just to the one side of my 3 inch bulleye. I did it sitting with a bipod, which is how I always practice (or just plain old sitting). I sure couldn't duplicate that shot again - I know I haven't seen a wind that hard since I shot that day.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
About 40 years ago I saw my brother shoot a buzzard in the air with a Savage lever action 30-30.

Posts: 17 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When my Grandpa was still hunting, he was one of the drivers in a Manitoba whitetail hunt. He heard a lot of shooting, and finally everyone started calling him to get out of the bush and shoot. He ran out of the bush, and with one shot killed the buck that was running away at 525 yards. There were more than enough witnesses to pace that one off. He was shooting a .308 Win. with absolutely no more than a 3-9 power scope. I think he said he aimed about 8 feet above the back. He still has the rack in his garage, mounted with a little brass plaque telling the distance.
I just heard about it later, but that is the honest truth.
Graham

Posts: 264 | Location: Northern BC, Canada | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back about 1970 cousin Bill, two of his college buddies and I went out east of Castle Rock CO to try for coyotes.
I'd been shooting lots of prairie dogs with my old K4 Weaver/1917 Enfield '06 and 110gr bullets.

We walked to the edge of a bluff and about 100' lower and near 300yds away a coyote was running full speed straight away from us jumping rocks, brush etc.

Just screwing around I held several feet above a big rock ahead of it and fired offhand. The dog flipped end over several times and fell dead.

Bill told the guys: "I've been telling you guys he's one hell of a shot, there's proof!"

I felt mighty strange when he said that, but, it was just a fluke shot at the worlds most unlucky coyote. We walked down to check it out and the skull was blown clear off the head. Brains and eye's with all the attachments were still there, just the top of the skull was pealed off. Otherwise we couldn't see any damage to him. No way to figure that one out.

While antelope hunting, taking a lunch break I made a triple on prairie dogs with my .243/100gr. But, that was a planned prone shot and waited several minutes til they got lined up just right. Shot was maybe 150yds or so. No big deal except being a triple. Which is mighty rare. I've gotten quite a few doubles, but, only the one triple. Trying to make such shots usually ends up missing them all.

Made a one shot kill on a quartering away antelope at +-600yds in front of Dad and Uncle Frank who claims to be God's gift to rifle shooters, a real arrogant SOB. Do believe I was more surprized than the antelope when he started flipping end over end. We'd dogged them for over a mile, as we topped out, they'd be going over the next hill time after time. Dad said to "try it, you've got a flat shooting gun in that 7mmag." I kept saying it's too far. Finally Frank stopped next to a fence and I ran out and rested over the top of a post and fired. Couldn't have happened in front of better witnesses than him. Turned out to be the only goat we killed that season for the three of us. Then I buried my Buck blade to the blood groove in my thigh when dressing it out. That was pretty impressive too!!

Another time Dad was running down handguns in general and my Blackhawk .30 carbine directly.
"What good is it, etc". On the farm he had 30 acres in hay. The far fence corner had a barrel full of rocks for a 'deadman' where the wires are tied for an anchor post in the corner. I fired 12 shots, and the first two were short to 'range the shot'. After that there was no dust. We drove out there and darned if there wasn't ten fresh holes in it. That shut him up about pistols. The shot was about 280-300yds.

NO, I'm not that good a shot, just like someone above said. "You shoot enough, you'll make some amazing shots now and then". I've missed some shots just as amazing, and some in front of witnesses too"

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5956 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A great visual experience. My buddy & I were calling coyotes. The coyote was stopped at 50 yards looking straight at my buddy. I was at a right angle aiming at the coyotes shoulder and just as I started to pull the trigger. The back of the coyotes head expoded. My buddy aimed at his nose and pulled the trigger a second before me.

Posts: 411 | Location: Smack, in the middle of Oklahoma | Registered: 18 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not made on a live target, but none the less amazing...

http://shootersolutions.com/oneshotonekill.html

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's one that'll have you laughing.
Again, back about 1970 cousin Bill and I were out calling coyotes. Both were shooting '17 Enfields '06 w/hot 110gr RN's I'd loaded up.

We were standing behind a big nearly square rock about armpit high. The nearest 200yds in front was covered with heavy weeds about 3' high. Past that was a bare area about 50' across and scattered cactus, & yucca's beyond that.

Bill was the caller, one came running and we didn't get a shot, just a glimpse as it ran across the bare area. We were ready to fire at the first excuse. Expecting the dog to stand on it's hind legs to look things over, but, it never did.

All at once he jumped up on the rock in front of the muzzles less than two feet from them. We both fired at once. Then had to wipe, pick splatterings off each other's faces. What a mess! That dog looked like his chest exploded and I reckon it did. Two '06's at once within an inch right on the brisket, lot's of powder went inside. The hide was nearly blown away past the shoulders. The whole front half was a mush. One thing I learned is I never want to be that close to a big gun when it goes off.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5956 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted Hide Post
I was walking with a buddy of mine across a plowed field and he pulled up and shot a crow out of a tree top at 200 yards in mid stride with a K-Hornet. He never even stopped to aim! Started calling him Driveby after that.

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Snapper
posted Hide Post
Just a few weeks ago, my buddy and I were out coyote hunting a good spot. We had just sat down and started to call when I noticed a coyote way off to my right about 500+ yds and coming good to the call. I was pleased thinking we had him fooled and he would come right to us when he turned and headed downwind. I thought I would have to take a running shot at him and started to turn to my right and lay down over a small sagebush. At the same time, my friend saw me moving and howled to try and stop the coyote. As the coyote stopped and sat facing me, I pulled the trigger and saw him roll over backwards. The time from me moving and pulling the trigger took about a second. As I stood up and ranged the coyote, I was surprised to see 395 yds on the range finder. The bullet hit several inches below the middle of his throat where I had aimed. Lucky indeed.

Posts: 767 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
cheersMy cousin with a .223 Ruger Varmint rifle shot a fly on his target at 100yds first shot. The evidence was there as there was fly splat all around the bullet hole. I think he framed it and hung it in his reloading room. Winkroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've done a LOT of hunting/shooting between about 12 years old and my present age of 57 so have seen some lucky shots. (a) When in grade school, saw a friend hit a squirrel with a .22 pistol as it was jumping from one tree to another. (b) When in high school I shot at a pheasant at the far end of the farm with my 7MM Weatherby. I missed the first 2 times but walked the bullet into the pheasants neck the third time at 670 yards. (c) I shot at a pheasant with a pellet gun, hitting a twig in front of it. The deflected pellet hit a different rooster several yards to the side (head shot) and killed it. (d) I shot at a pheasant flying to the right just as a wounded pheasant was running to the left behind it, and killed both. My buddy had previously wounded the running pheasant. (e) I shot a quail at a very close range, apparently hitting it with the wad rather than the shot. The head and each wing were separately severed from the body, and the breast did not even get hit with one peice of shot. (f) I shot a pheasant flying a few yards over me and the shot pattern completly severed the neck so that the head and body of the pheasant landed about 10 feet apart. (g) When I was about 10 years old a nieghbor shot at a coyote from his tractor with a .22 rifle with shorts. He had a couple misfires as the ammo was very old and a few misses. He finally hit killed the coyote (hit in the spine) at an unknown, but apparently very far distance. He claimed that he held over it about 6 feet. He knew where the coyotes den was and he and my dad dug up the pups, turning in the ears for the bounty on them. (h) When I was about 12 years old (and not a very experienced shooter) a friend and his dad took me rabbit hunting. They used shotguns and loaned me their .22. The freind's dad asked me to shoot at something. I picked out a weed about the size of a pencil sticking out of the snow about 40 feet away. The friend's dad suggested I find a larger target, but then said OK. I severed it with the first shot, and also got the only rabbit shot during the hunt (at a range of about 3 feet).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i got one...not unbelievable for skill but for "what the hell??" value.

i shot an EMPTY gatorade bottle, 20 ounces i think...not the huge one they sell...at about 50 yards with my .204 Encore. i shot three times and was pissed because i thought i must have missed and that my scope got knocked out of line somehow. i walked up to the bottle and picked it up and saw three holes right through it. now wouldn't you think a bullet would knock an empty bottle off the top of a cardboard box?

i know the bullet was moving damn near 4,000 feet per second but c'mon, it should have been enough pressure to move the bottle, right?

as another one, a friend of mine who served in afghanistan and iraq, was shooting to qualify for police training when he got home. they did their shooting and then resumed the goofing off. one instructor put a fired 12 gauge shell on a board near the target at 25 feet and my buddy shot it off. with one hand, over and over.

that's impressive in my book.

-Matt

Posts: 285 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 12 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One time about 1964-5 showing off with the new wife and in laws.
Put a tennis ball on a gallon milk jug full of water, no lid and shot it from about 50 feet with an '06 and 110gr.

Jug exploded, we walked all around for a couple minutes, or seemed like it was, as it was a good long time. And no sign of the ball anywhere.

Pretty quick there was loud noise of the ball hitting the ground near us. Of course we all had to do it again several times til the ball came apart. We did it with a little rubber car too and it went way out of sight.

Had the 4y/o son and his step daddy duck hunting one winter. Kid was the birddog. made several retrieves.

One time he came back holding duck by the neck with a real strange look on his face.
What's the matter Mitch?" "Daddy there's something wrong with this duck!" "Well hell Mitch, he's dead!" "Those others were dead too but they didn't feel like this one, here take it"

I'd centered it with the pattern and blew the duck out of his feathers, bet it didn't weigh 3 oz's.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight