THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Any merit to owning a M70 in .225 Winchester?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any merit to owning a M70 in .225 Winchester?
 Login/Join

posted
I have a line on an excellent cond. M70 with varmint barrelin .225 Winchester.
Rifle, rings and scope, harris bipod, and ammo for $500.00 CAN.
Would this be a good buy or not?
Also, would the action be worthwile to rebarrel to something I like a .17 or 22-250?

I'm pretty new at this.
Thanks, Rob.

Posts: 14 | Location: canada | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I think it's a good buy. I think you'll kick yourself if you pass it up. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
It's a terrific caliber and not that far behind the 22-250 in performance. You should get it just for sake of nostaglia. And thanks to all the JDJ calibers around, finding brass is not difficult.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9355 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Big Nate 100%,excelent buy. 2 years ago I passed on a Win model 70 in 220 swift and I'm still kicking myself.

"If winning isn't important...WHY keep score??"

Posts: 96 | Location: central missouri | Registered: 29 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought one new in 1968 and it was the best shooting rifle I ever owned.

It was stolen in 1990 and I sure miss it. Still have ammo and dies but have not been able to find another one.

Considering everything that comes with it, the price seems good. I don't think I would rebarrel either unless the barrel is shot out.

Posts: 31 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 01 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
For the nostalgia and just to be different. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote