Notify
Tools

A 204 For Christmas?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice thread going here!

Lots of interesting info to be read!

VarmintGuy, I got some of the 32 grain Sierra's loaded quite a while back but just didn't take the time to test them yet! Loaded them with 23.0 gr of IMR 4198!

We still have "spring-like" weather here, so I may get to test them next weekend if the weather cooperates!

My 204 Encore barrel is very accurate!
Not only do I like it for Var/Pred, but it is a fun round for target shooting too.

With the 32 gr V-Max I can get groups as small as .330" quite regular, my best 3-shot group was .260"! Hopefully these Sierra's will do the same!
One thing that I can say is that my 204 don't like the 40 grainers!

Chuck - Retired USAF- Life Member, NRA & NAHC

Posts: 454 | Location: Russell (way upstate), NY - USA | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought the CZ 527 varmint a couple weeks ago and just had the opportunity to shoot it today. The only ammo that I was able to get on short notice was the 40 grain Hornady load but I couldn't complain. Shot everyting into 3/4" at 100 and about 1 1/4" at 200. I think it could do better after I put a decent scope on it.

Posts: 114 | Location: valley Forge, PA | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am including in this post a couple of very interesting and very ILLUMINATING comparisons of the 204 Ruger and the 20 VarTarg vs. the 223, 22-250 & the 220 Swift!
The accompanying articles are also VERY inciteful and informative and include information on other 20 caliber cartridges.
Enjoy:

http://www.dakotaarms.com/images/SCNpred.pdf

http://www.6mmbr.com/20caliber.html

My point, which I hope you all notice, is how the 204 Ruger compares with the 223, 22-250 & 220 Swift both trajectory wise and wind drift wise!
Again, enjoy.

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote