New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Blood
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I normally do not start ground hog hunting til late June or early July(too much good fishing to do). I was turkey hunting on Monday, and it was a bright sunny day. My friend said he had a ground hog problem around the barn. I decided to go on the hill behind the barn and watch for GH's for a couple of hours. Never seen a GH for close to 2 hours. Then all of a sudden I saw 3 at one time. I managed to get 2 of them with my RR AR. The third one got behind a water trough. At about the same time a car came down the dirt road and I never saw the third hog again. So I guess the season has begun.

Yearly Total:
Sightings: 3
Shots: 2
Kills: 2
Misses: 0--I do not know how long this will last. Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom,

Know of any places to hunt ground hogs in Northern WV? I'm looking for some new places to hunt in WV, not sure where to start. You do have to have written permission from the land owner to hunt on their property, though, right?

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
I was turkey hunting saturday. We were sitting there calling over our decoys and low and behold a little red fox was stalking our decoys through the corn stubble. He got about 10 yds away and I figured he smelled the human scent on them and skittered back into the woods. I thought about it but it would be more fun to get him "right". Also 3 1/2" 12 gauge #4 Hevi-Shot doesn't leave much in the hide dept.

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of oopswasthatyourdog?
posted Hide Post
I took this one last week.Shot was from a downward angle back to front so gutting him was not nesessary Eeker
.243 win with 80gr psp

I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.
- John Diefenbaker (From the Canadian Bill of Rights, July 1, 1960.)

Posts: 104 | Location: St-Athanase, Quebec, Canada | Registered: 16 March 2008Reply With Quote