Find
Notify
Tools

feral cats
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just wacked a feral cat that came to the call
I was wondering what you guys did with em ?

Posts: 291 | Location: wisconsin  | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
eat them, of course!

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
certainly don't discuss it in the small game fourum. Get you banned
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Roll-Crimp
posted Hide Post
Put it on the hood of your Toyota and and prance it around town a few times of course! Roll Eyes

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Well-wacked ferals are usually in two parts, neither of which is much good for anything except stirring up the heartfelt sensibilities of the feral loving doo-gooders visiting AR. Deep down within their psyches they would have us face Australia's problems with ferals, for example, as a means to assert their gaia. The way I see it, first they came for the ferals........ N.S. Sherlock

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:
certainly don't discuss it in the small game fourum. Get you banned
GWB

sorry didn't mean to offend anyone
thought this was the varmint section

one of us
posted Hide Post
No one should be offended. but there is a cat section further down.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
larrys,

I for one was not offended, it was an inside joke, that you would not understand as you have not posted here long enough. There used to be some wild witty funny posters here that no longer frequent this board. Some of their stories offended some and a ruckus came about and they no longer post humorous stories about "crats". There are any of number of old timers that might be willing to be able to do a better job than I in relating what a ball the small game forum used to be.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by conifer:
eat them, of course!

They taste like "chicken"!!

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
geedub, I do remember some of the ruckus and thought it was hilarious myself. I was certainly not offended, I just pointed him tothe cat section below.

BTW, good talking to you today!

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember when Breckenridge park and the Zoo in San Antonio had all kinds of songbirds and other neat small critters roaming around. Then they started dissapearing about 15 years ago maybe 20 when people started dumping cats in the park. It is not uncommon to shoot 150 feral cats in a night and the next day not seem like you put a dent in them. A fully suppressed 22 using CCI CB long or if you have a fast twist barrel the newer 60gr SSS with a night vision scope. Never had a problem with a game warden, but almost got arrested by a young park officer one night had it not been for a concerned old timer that explained how I was actually performing a necessary duty albeit not the proper way.

I like cats, really. One or two that have been spayed or neutered kept in the barn to keep the rodents down and the snakes. But when they are allowed to breed freely, they are no better than feral hogs---shoot on sight.

Andy B

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a dedicate feral cat rifle.... clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
feral cats?.....Is that what they're really called ?

I call them "Confirming Zero".

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMB:
I have a dedicate feral cat rifle.... clap

So do I. I even call it my cat gun. But when they get all friendly like and want to rub my pant's leg, I often use a 16ga shotgun!

How do I dispose of them? I grab one by the tail and fling 'em like an olympic discuss thrower as far into the corn field as I'm able to muscle. Downwind if possible.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
for those who don't remember or haven't been around that long, refer back to the small game forum where dedicated crat wackers used to live CRYBABY

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We have alot of ferel cats now and then Big Grin around my house.

They are quiet fun to get a shot at, especialy after one of my bird dogs gets cut up after catchin one

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm having problems with a lot of feral libtards around my place.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if these people are so caring about their cats why do they abandon them to run wild ?????

Picture of lngshtr1
posted Hide Post
I LOVE MY CAT CAUSE I LIVE IN THE COUNTRY AND I NEED ONE,BUT,THEY ARE ONE OF THE MOST DESTRUCTIVE CRITTERS TO RUN UNCHECKED OUT WHERE THEY DONT BELONG! I WILL HONESTLY SAY THAT I SHOOT OR AT LEAST SHOOT AT EVERY FERAL FELINE I CAN REST A CROSSHAIR ON.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
locked caps is like yelling Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ran up on one while quail hunting a few years ago. Meanist bastard I've ever seen on any continent. Should have blasted the SOB but all I had was a 12 guage pump. My sweet English Setter and I barely escaped with our lives. Banned for that????

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only good cat is a dead cat! Meow! Esox357.

One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
I shot a black feral couple weeks ago down in South Texas

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Could someone please explain to me what is wrong with shooting a feral cat with a 12 ga pump shotgun?

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:
We have alot of ferel cats now and then Big Grin around my house.

Don't you mean HAD jumping

That would be my case.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I use the Benelli M4 with #4 buck in a 3". In Wyoming, a stray cat or "Ditch Tiger" is considered a predator under Game and Fish law. It can be shot at any time, with any weapon. If they are out of your yard, they're stray.

Posts: 1 | Location: Gillette, WY | Registered: 24 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remington CBEE22 sub-sonics, deadly out to 35 yds

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miles58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 09 April 2009 05:04 Hide Post
Could someone please explain to me what is wrong with shooting a feral cat with a 12 ga pump shotgun?

If they are close enough to produce a satisfactory result it tend to ruin the meat.

Posts: 961 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
EekerOn the Big Island of Hawaii last year ,I was coming of a gentle hill and took a path through a sparsely timbered area on the way to the beach. About 20 yds. in I realized I wasn't alone. More cats than I cared to count were all around me. They were all over the trees and bushes and on the ground. There must have been every specie of house cat I had ever seen and some that I had never seen before Frowner
If they were bothered by my presence they sure didn't show it. I on the other hand took a different route on the way back to the car. nillyroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Them field lions/timber tigers get whats handy over in my neck of the woods. This past winter I nailed a big yellar and white one(Morris) w/ the triple deuce and a 50 gr. V-max. My lab had that aw $hit look when she brought the back half back. Big Grin I covered my crime scene by leaving it on the road so it looked like a car hit the thing.

Posts: 101 | Location: Montana | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too use whatever I have in my hand when they appear. The most satisfactory shot was on a cat that had a squirrel in its mouth and was shaking it. A shot behind the front leg stopped all action but the squirrel was dead.

The most impressive shot was a 125 grain HP out of my 30-06. It was a Texas heart shot. That one played Houdini and disappeared.

Posts: 31 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 01 November 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I put them between my driving seat and the door. when on a road open the door and you just feel a slight bump under the back tire. Big Grin
don't do it on the same spot to often though it kinda ruins the road. Wink

arend

Posts: 12 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
.220 swift for the long shots, 45-70 double for close in work Cool

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just LOVE the kind of creativity displayed in this thread.. jumping
I've learned a few new techniques for accomplishing the cat mission...LMAO!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hers's an example of creativity-
Centerfire
Rimfire
Automatics
Tnt
Shotguns

stir

Posts: 101 | Location: Montana | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go back to small game about 2004 if it is still there. The posts for years drove the stats off the charts. People dropped in from all over the world to offer regional advice and assistance and favored techniques for dealing with "the menace". Even from West Virginia too. Historians and rifle builders got involved. I recall even DARPA picked up some ideas. A lot of gutting edge technology. Hmmmmm!

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I have shot a couple hundred of them in Sicily with a RWS 17 caliber side cock air rifle.

I think it shot 1200 FPS. I could only hunt them in the winter time, as I lived in a resort area. The rest of the year there were too many people around.

20 yards head shot, good night kitty.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
I don't need a cat gun .I have a Greyhound & Lurchers, Sorry A, or An Lurcher, Just put one in the flowerbed! jumping Plus I throw a pretty mean rock! archer

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewhenrytnt:
...But when they are allowed to breed freely, they are no better than feral hogs---shoot on sight.

Andy B
Worse.

At least you can get some quality eatin' outta feral hogs.

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote