New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fleas
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
On the Colorado plains (approx 5000fasl) do Coyotes have fleas this time of year? Want to keep the pelt if it is not manged, but will want to bring a bag filled w/flea powder if needed.

Deke.

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
I'd expect coyotes anywhere, anytime to have fleas.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very seldom will you encounter mange in the cold part of the year.

Mange is not caused by fleas but by mites.

http.//www.canismajor.com/dog/mange1.html

WC

Posts: 407 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did not mean to imply that fleas caused mange. I intended to communicate that I could manage the fleas, but not the mange (which you say mange is not an issue during the winter).

Deke.

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Deke - I am going to bust a couple in a week and I'll let you know then. I have lots of family farm property to hunt in eastern Colorado.....coyotes, pds and whatever else.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
skb2706,

Lucky you. Let me know if you ever want some help in thinning out any of those varmints. I will look forward to the flea report.

Deke.